BANGKOK 23 April 2019 03:08
Tanoshi

Marriage/Retirement - Interpretations explained.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Depends if your passbook is updated regularly and the codes clearly reflect an overseas deposit. 

Even a local bank statement may not clearly define deposits as from a foreign source, because most transfers go through a separate channel before hitting your local account.

Immigration advised to get statements from the HQ of your branch.

This is something everyone is going to have to check with their own bank/branch.

Some Immigration Offices require a bank-issued and stamped statement (e.g., Phuket).  They have been satisfied in the past with a local bank statement proving your balance during the seasoning period for the old lump-sum method.

With the new rules, I would imagine that the local bank statement will still suffice for the lump-sum method, although a complicating factor is that some local banks don't maintain records for your account older than six-months so it may result in a request to the Head Quarters of your bank.

If you are doing the monthly-deposit method then a statement from your bank's Head Quarters will probably be needed as most local banks don't keep more than six months of data on your account and there's talk of a special format for this bank statement that may only show international deposits and contain more detailed information about the source of those deposits.

• Like 1

How many Chinese do you reckon apply for the types of extensions reliant on embassy letters?

I don’t know but I know many Chinese investing now heavily in properties in Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don’t know but I know many Chinese investing now heavily in properties in Thailand

I doubt very much that the Chinese investing in properties would need to rely on their embassies letter to prove their income

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, Tanoshi said:

Income method.

1). A minimum income of 40K per month deposited in a Thai bank from overseas for the previous 12 month period. Local passbooks or statements may not confirm overseas payments.

You can request statements (at your local bank branch) for detailed statements from their HQ, itemising foreign transactions as Bahtnet or Foreign TT deposits. Takes approx 5 days to process. + Bank letter.

According to TI, all bank HQ's are already aware of Immigrations requirements for detailed statements showing overseas transfers, which your local branch may not be able to confirm or supply.

2. A certified letter of income from your Embassy

So there are 2 requirements for the income method [1) and 2.] or should there be an "or" between them in your post?

On 2/11/2019 at 4:55 PM, Maestro said:

Thank you. That clears it up for the – unnamed – immigration office to whose officials you talked. Let's hope that the officials at other immigration offices have an equally good understanding and interpretation of the new procedures.

UK has P60 which is a legal income/tax document.  Why cannot use this its straight from the gov.

• Like 1

How does one prove 800K remains in the bank for three months after being granted the extension? Another trip to Immigration with a 100 baht letter from the bank and your updated passbook? Would the three month reporting that funds remain in the bank be enforced with a visa cancellation?

26 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I doubt very much that the Chinese investing in properties would need to rely on their embassies letter to prove their income emoji16.png

Need!... It’s very likely these Chinese do not want their embassy to know their income... :coffee1:

• Like 1

Need!... It’s very likely these Chinese do not want their embassy to know their income... :coffee1:

Could be, many Chinese companies are registered for example in the Virgin Islands or Panama

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

No thanks, happy with the actual system, which I use since many years.

No need to have any amount on a Thai bankbook.

Can transfer the amount  I want, when I want.

Can even use Transferwise now, without having  to worry how the funds will be indicated on my bankbook.

Hope it will continue this way.

Are you  from a country that still issues Embassy letters?

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

...Order 35/22562 hasn't replaced order 327/2557, it's in addition to that order with minor changes and supposed to clarify the process, but appears to have had the opposite effect.

Understatement of the week!!! 😂

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So there are 2 requirements for the income method [1) and 2.] or should there be an "or" between them in your post?

There are now two options available, that was what the amendment was for.

Either, or, whichever you prefer.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

There are now two options available, that was what the amendment was for.

Either, or, whichever you prefer.

That's why I asked the question whether you missed out the "or".   Your "interpretations" did not state that.  Thanks for putting it right, perhaps you should alter your OP to reflect that?

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Are you  from a country that still issues Embassy letters?

Yes, I am Belgian.