BANGKOK
Tanoshi

Marriage/Retirement - Interpretations explained.

Got it.

2 other questions:

1. Which provinces does this division cover? May be more chance of thsi understanding prevailing there than elsewhere...we have already heard accounts of at east 2 other (Petchabun and Chiang Mai) lwhose interpetations/practices significantly differ from what you describe.

2. Related to the above,  did you  get the impression there will be any formal, systematic training of provincial IOs on this? Many/most of them will otherwise not know what to look for on a bank statement. And as we all know all too well, left to one's own devices it is possible to interpret parts of these orders in different ways.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

So say on the retirement combo method I bring in 40k every month, totalling 480k....just before I go for my 12 month extension I top up with and extra 320k in the bank. Is this acceptable or is there seasoning on the combo method and do I still need 400k year round?

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you had bank statements showing monthly deposits of 40K = 480K over the 12 month period, then you'd need to show 320K deposited in a Thai bank over the same 12 month period, totalling 800K for the year.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

Just now, Tanoshi said:

If you had bank statements showing monthly deposits of 40K = 480K over the 12 month period, then you'd need to show 320K deposited in a Thai bank over the same 12 month period, totalling 800K for the year.

That's a balance of 320K maintained over the year, not deposits totalling 320k over the course of the year, isn't it? Except for the first year of extending under these rules when presumably just 3 months seasoning?

That's a balance of 320K maintained over the year, not deposits totalling 320k over the course of the year, isn't it? Except for the first year of extending under these rules when presumably just 3 months seasoning?
Dont understand? The deposit side of the combo method (320k) needs to be in the bank for the full 12 months prior to extension or only seasoned 3 months prior?

2 hours ago, keemapoot said:

The good thing is that now all using transferwise should be able to have their banks prove up that that the transfers came from abroad.

Where do you get that from?

If your bank was the bank that TW used for the transaction then yes, it should show as coming from abroad in your statement. But if TW used another bank, that bank will have made a domestic transfer to your bank and the only information your bank will have, as far as I know, is that a domestic transfer came from Bank X in Thailand.

Now, Bank X would have a record of the incoming transfer from abroad, so one recourse would be to try to get a statement from them and show that together with your own bank statement. And maybe have the paperwork from Transferwise as well for backup.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

1. Which provinces does this division cover? May be more chance of thsi understanding prevailing there than elsewhere...we have already heard accounts of at east 2 other (Petchabun and Chiang Mai) lwhose interpetations/practices significantly differ from what you describe.

Joe could probably tell you all the offices in Division 4 at the click of a button.

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

2. Related to the above,  did you  get the impression there will be any formal, systematic training of provincial IOs on this? Many/most of them will otherwise not know what to look for on a bank statement. And as we all know all too well, left to one's own devices it is possible to interpret parts of these orders in different ways.

The 2 senior officer spoke in unison and agreement with each other - very clear.

I was the one feeling stupid at times asking for clarifications, when it appeared clear as mud to them.

They invited two of the standard IO's into the meeting and ran through my questions and there replies in Thai, using the orders in front of us, which I supplied in both Thai and English, thanks to TV.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Dont understand? The deposit side of the combo method (320k) needs to be in the bank for the full 12 months prior to extension or only seasoned 3 months prior?

As I understand it, for your first extension after 1 March (when these rules come into effect), it has to have been in there for at least 3 months. Then it has to remain there continuously for the whole year and they will check that it did so at the next extension. So basically after the initial seasoning it always has to stay there.

But maybe Tanoshi can confirm I've got that right,

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Just to be clear, that would be funds deposited in a Thai bank of 320K for the year, and bank statement showing incomes of 40K per month throughout the year.

Same seasoning period requirements as for the funds deposited in a Thai bank.

Where do you get that from?

If your bank was the bank that TW used for the transaction then yes, it should show as coming from abroad in your statement. But if TW used another bank, that bank will have made a domestic transfer to your bank and the only information your bank will have, as far as I know, is that a domestic transfer came from Bank X in Thailand.

Now, Bank X would have a record of the incoming transfer from abroad, so one recourse would be to try to get a statement from them and show that together with your own bank statement. And maybe have the paperwork from Transferwise as well for backup.

Yes you are right in the case where your bank uses another domestic advising bank for the international part. We have heard bkk bank shows those ok as international transfers.

What I was responding to is the information that immigration is aware of the issues with transfer coding and they are working with bank hqs to allow account holders to have more detailed letters as to the origin of those transfers. Admittedly not a guarantee using tw.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

Just to be clear, that would be funds deposited in a Thai bank of 320K for the year, and bank statement showing incomes of 40K per month throughout the year.
Same seasoning period requirements as for the funds deposited in a Thai bank.
Sorry. Still lost. If the deposit has to be in the bank 12 months how is this seasoned? Or are you saying you need to show the extra 400k also deposited for 6 months?

17 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

You need to prove funds deposited in a bank + annual income revenues amount to 800K for the year

If your only remitting 40K a month = 480K over the course of a year, then the shortfall of 320K must be maintained in your funds deposited account for year. Funds and income must total 800K for the year.

• Thanks 1