Best Estate Agents in Jomtien

John Sutherland

Hi All

Looking to move to Jomtien in the next few months. Looking for the websites of some reliable Estate agents in Jomtien? I've looked at DD properties etc, but when you go to the web page of the company that has the advert up the apartment either does not exist or is rented.

Also how quick can you move in to the apartments after a viewing?, as looking to move in to an apartment as quick as possible after seeing one that we like

Many of the online agents use bait and switch...get you into office...then try to get you to agree to a higher priced unit.  Many condos have agents dedicated to selling and renting condo units and office is on site.

A word caution...they will smile, offer soft-drink or water...tell you how young you look for your age...all to disarm you...be on guard...if they feel they can cheat you...many will...Good Luck!

Keeping their website listings current is typically a low priority of many of these real estate shops so the OP can expect to see everything but the ones he's cherry picking online.

If the OP is planning a fast-track viewing, selection and move in, he may miss out on fully assessing what is possibly the biggest challenge to a quiet life in LOS; the neighbours, the infrastructure and noise. What may look idyllic on a Tuesday morning may be overrun with door-slamming airbnb'ers at the weekend or have horrendous access issues for his land yacht (all noobs like their land yachts for going shopping). Mind you, the yacht may be handy in rainy season when the soi becomes knee-deep in mucky water for hours on end. At the end of the day, the solace of sundowners on the patio is shattered by the guy renovating the ceramic flooring upstairs, the motorbike muffler repair shop across the road with the 2-for-1 special, the karaoke bar next door with the rap-aholic 'DJ' or the muezzin in the minaret... or all four.

Better to budget a month in a hotel or serviced apartment while he sorts out the real options IMHO.

I would not go near an agent...

Personally I would go to a website like DD or hipflats.co.th and look at the different units to get a feel for the floor plan and building amenities as well as price... Once you find a building you like go directly to the building and inquire with the office in the building about units available... Also many of the larger complexes (Like View Talay) have units for rent on Airbnb... Book into the building you like for a few days or a week or two to get a feel for the place and chat up the office staff and residents... 

On 2/11/2019 at 7:58 PM, sfokevin said:

I would not go near an agent...

Personally I would go to a website like DD or hipflats.co.th and look at the different units to get a feel for the floor plan and building amenities as well as price... Once you find a building you like go directly to the building and inquire with the office in the building about units available... Also many of the larger complexes (Like View Talay) have units for rent on Airbnb... Book into the building you like for a few days or a week or two to get a feel for the place and chat up the office staff and residents... 

And therin lies a major issue, never live in a place that allows Airbnber's!!!

34 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Eastcoast, well established above board professional....

+1 for East Coast.  They are one of the only sites that let you know when current rent dates end.  When you contact most other agencies they will tell you the listing that looks too good to be true is rented and they can't tell you when that lease ends BUT miraculously they will have a whole bunch of more expensive not as appealing units in the same complex.  

Figure out which condo you want in Jomtien and go there to see if they have any rooms available.  Also do Google searches and contact all listings you are interested in.  

7 minutes ago, LennyW said:

And therin lies a major issue, never live in a place that allows Airbnber's!!!

My condo doesn't allow AirBNB renters but unfortunately they are still here.  

19 hours ago, baansgr said:

Eastcoast, well established above board professional....

Still a bunch of sharks. Everything they or any other agent does is all about how much money they can get from you. Even the friend of a friend type who isn't really an agent are looking for a cut. 

1 hour ago, Peterhua said:

Still a bunch of sharks. Everything they or any other agent does is all about how much money they can get from you. Even the friend of a friend type who isn't really an agent are looking for a cut. 

information is a valuable resource:

last rental deal i made with East coast they saved me 30,000 month for a year

Last house sale i completed with them made me 100,000 baht extra as they urged me to hold out for it

if you are going to pay commission anyway, why not use a professional?

not a friend of a friend , unless your friend is a professional realtor of course like David Gray ????

I will echo the recommendations for East Coast Realty from the above posts.  I would add a recommendation for Stu Sutton at Jomtien Property.

I have bought and sold condos with both David and Stu and feel they did a very good job.  Plus, both agencies are good about keeping out-of-date listings off their web site.

Thanks to everyone who has replied. It has helped a lot. One further question is I have noticed that a lot of the condo's while they have fantastic facilities don't seem to have children's play areas, Paradise & Seven Seas condo's seems to be the only one I could find. the only play area I could find was Angry Birds on the beach, are there plenty public parks in Jomtien with kids play areas? or is this something that is lacking in the area.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:38 PM, John Sutherland said:

Thanks to everyone who has replied. It has helped a lot. One further question is I have noticed that a lot of the condo's while they have fantastic facilities don't seem to have children's play areas, Paradise & Seven Seas condo's seems to be the only one I could find. the only play area I could find was Angry Birds on the beach, are there plenty public parks in Jomtien with kids play areas? or is this something that is lacking in the area.

Jomtien/Pattaya isnt really known as a family destination, though Russian families seem to be happy enough with it. Perhaps you should consider getting an annual pass to one of the several nearby water parks.

As for condo buildings, my preference would always be for a condo without facilities and play areas. Facilities just put costs up and play areas just encourage children. I dont really want either in my condo.

On 2/12/2019 at 3:30 PM, Peterhua said:

Im not a lover of agents,however Eastcoast are perfectly clear about their charging structure/commissions....they are a business so cant work for free.

On 2/16/2019 at 4:07 AM, BigT73 said:

You can also drive around and look at condos you may like for location, style and facilities then simply go to reception and ask for rentals.  Alot of places are listed all over the internet and google doesnt always find it.

Sound like good advice, do you know how long it takes to move in after agreeing with the sales team in a condo. Is it quick?

18 minutes ago, John Sutherland said:

Sound like good advice, do you know how long it takes to move in after agreeing with the sales team in a condo. Is it quick?

Hi John, that was my actual experience in buying a condo. The reception should have a list whats available to rent or buy and contact the owners for you to arrange a viewing.  To move in can be same day as these rooms are cleaned after last tennant left.

1 hour ago, John Sutherland said:

Are you looking at new construction?  They will likely work with you to meet your timeframe, if possible.  In my case, I had time to visit plenty of condos on my own, and purchased without an agent.  I did ask for a portion of the agent commission as a discount.  you can message me if you have any questions?  Good luck.

15 minutes ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Are you looking at new construction?  They will likely work with you to meet your timeframe, if possible.  In my case, I had time to visit plenty of condos on my own, and purchased without an agent.  I did ask for a portion of the agent commission as a discount.  you can message me if you have any questions?  Good luck.

I'm looking to rent in something like the Park Lane condo. Looking at a short time frame, ie within 7-10 days to move in.

28 minutes ago, John Sutherland said:

I'm looking to rent in something like the Park Lane condo. Looking at a short time frame, ie within 7-10 days to move in.

Ok, that condo seems to be close to the Baht bus route, so you can get around easy enough.  Are you able to rent for a few months while looking for your purchase location?  That is highly recommended.  Enjoy.

45 minutes ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Ok, that condo seems to be close to the Baht bus route, so you can get around easy enough.  Are you able to rent for a few months while looking for your purchase location?  That is highly recommended.  Enjoy.

Looking to rent for about 3-4 years then buy

6 hours ago, John Sutherland said:

Looking to rent for about 3-4 years then buy

I was going to advise you look long and hard at Park Lane before jumping in and buying there so renting for 3-4 years should give you plenty of time to maybe change your mind or not.

Archived