GPS tracker

Mekong Bob

For in town and the general area, I use Waze. As for a dedicated GPS, I use a Garmin 57LM. I don't think it is made anymore but they now make a 50LM I believe. Check Lazada for the price. Around 5000 baht if I remember correctly. It, like my 50LM is not waterproof but for riding, I just carry a ziplock bag to put over it if it is raining. 

David

6 hours ago, Genericnic said:

For in town and the general area, I use Waze. As for a dedicated GPS, I use a Garmin 57LM.

I have a feeling he is NOT looking for a GPS unit to show where HE is, but rather, a tracking device he can place in another car so he can track that car from a different location to see where it goes.  The kind of thing we see the Hollywood police use to track the bad guys.  I've run into one or two guys who have wanted these things to track their wives or girlfriend to see if they are cheating.

just use an iPhone... much more intrusive than even an Android...

just the other day we were visiting friends.

Just 'she' was at their home when we arrived. 

She picked up her phone, and her eyes widen, with an accompanying smirk!

an hour later 'he' gets home.

Before he has a chance to respond; she's proudly? bleating she knows he was at the Happy Bamboo Massage...

9 hours ago, tifino said:

just use an iPhone... much more intrusive than even an Android...

just the other day we were visiting friends.

Just 'she' was at their home when we arrived. 

She picked up her phone, and her eyes widen, with an accompanying smirk!

an hour later 'he' gets home.

Before he has a chance to respond; she's proudly? bleating she knows he was at the Happy Bamboo Massage...

To use that feature, the person in question needs to have their phone set to "Find My Phone" and for the seeker to be able to log into that iCloud account.  One can't just arbitrarily find 'any' phone or person that way.

I bought one of those advertised cheapish " GPS Trackers " Small , magnetic etc. You put a SIM card in them , dial the SIM number and it is advertised as pinpointing the location. Wrong , all it does is pinpoint the nearest mast to the GPS tracker , which could be a 2 kilometer square area.

10 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

To use that feature, the person in question needs to have their phone set to "Find My Phone" and for the seeker to be able to log into that iCloud account.  One can't just arbitrarily find 'any' phone or person that way.

He knew the Feature, and agreed to, but not really comprehended the implications... 

Archived