BANGKOK 20 February 2019 06:10
leogerritsen

Electric : ground and neutral connected

10 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Brown black and grey are Euro three phase. Thailand likes an international mix in its electrical cables.

That's interesting to know, it is 3x1mm square, and the brand is Yazaki, looks like Japanese?

But I'm not so familiair with that matter, but I suppose when it is use for three phase, it is missing a 4th conductor, or I'm wrong?

17 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

That's interesting to know, it is 3x1mm square, and the brand is Yazaki, looks like Japanese?

But I'm not so familiair with that matter, but I suppose when it is use for three phase, it is missing a 4th conductor, or I'm wrong?

Yes that's correct if the neutral (blue) is not required in the Euro color scheme. A small three phase motor could be wired using 3x1mm cable with the ground delivered from elsewhere.

Edited by Fruit Trader

On 2/11/2019 at 7:37 PM, Kenny202 said:

Not a good idea to use on circuits for fridges or washing machines and Im guessing probably would get a lot of nuisance tripping on electric showerheads

That was the thinking but in 40 years of usage here have not had any such issues (and if I did would want to correct it) - as far as electric showers they have a built in unit and should also be attached to another upstream to protect the wire going to unit (never had an issue and have 6 heaters in operation).

• Like 1

Every colour of the rainbow is used for 3-phases here. The only safe option is to verify the sequence yourself.

I am the OP of this post. I thanked the contributors for their answers.

After that someone took over and changed the subject.

Why not open a new post ?