BANGKOK 23 July 2019 20:09
EricTh

Bangkok Bank versus Siam Commercial Bank

23 hours ago, EricTh said:

Yes, I encountered bad attitude from staff at Mee Chok as well, but other branches like SCB at Kad Suan Kaew had some bad attitude staff.

There was one staff who scolded me for withdrawing cash from her and asked me to apply for ATM. LOL

I then went to other branches and encountered the same bad attitude when you want to request them to do some additional thing.

Don’t you see a pattern emerging here... :coffee1:

14 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Don’t you see a pattern emerging here... :coffee1:

Yeah, the pattern is that there are more rude staff at SCB compared with Bangkok Bank when doing the same requests.

Unfortunately, Bangkok bank's fixed deposit rate is lower...

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

Yeah, the pattern is that there are more rude staff at SCB compared with Bangkok Bank when doing the same requests.

Unfortunately, Bangkok bank's fixed deposit rate is lower...

My SCB branch inside CM University grounds can't do enough for you. Excellent service, with a smile.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, roo860 said:

My SCB branch inside CM University grounds can't do enough for you. Excellent service, with a smile.

Next time I'll go there.

• Like 2

Maybe there should be a vote and recommendation on which SCB branch is the friendliest to foreigners.

Just like what we had for Bangkok Bank which is Kad Suan Kaew branch.

Edited by EricTh

I have accounts at both banks and can't say I've noticed either being particularly friendly or unfriendly.

I suppose many staff at S.C.B. are frustrated, as the bank will close 750 branches by 2020.

• Like 1

reported post removed.

Only TMB bank is different, you can use their ATM cards in an machine in the country without charge.

My mortgage is with SCB, they always seem happy enough when I go in to make a repayment.

Edited by BritManToo

I’ve actually found SCB to be a lot better than Bangkok Bank but that’s just my personal experience at my local branches.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

I’ve actually found SCB to be a lot better than Bangkok Bank but that’s just my personal experience at my local branches.  

Could you tell us which branches you go to that is friendly?

On 2/24/2019 at 12:17 PM, luckyluke said:

I suppose many staff at S.C.B. are frustrated, as the bank will close 750 branches by 2020.

That is the trend, just like in some other countries - like USA. Whenever I go to make my car payment the bank always tries to discourage me and offers all kinds of free stuff like Dairy Queen ice cream,  to use a bar code scanner on a mobile and not come in the bank. I suspect many branches of many banks will be shutting down soon. I notice recently they started charging 30-35 Baht to make the payment in the bank now.

I got a Bangkok bank account and debit card my first visit. Very good service and they liked me.

Note: isn’t it illegal for a tourist visa farang to open a bank account, and get a debit card?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

55 minutes ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

I got a Bangkok bank account and debit card my first visit. Very good service and they liked me.

Note: isn’t it illegal for a tourist visa farang to open a bank account, and get a debit card?

No, it is not illegal.

Many years ago, I opened one on a tourist visa but nowadays you need at least a residence cert (from what I read here).

Edited by EricTh