Bulging iPad screen

NewGuy

My 2.5 year old iPad Pro now has a screen with an increasing bulge; I’ll go the Central Pattaya to have someone tell me what’s going on. Bet it’s a battery thing.

Does anyone have a positive comment, like ‘proly won’t explode’ or ‘you think too much’?

I brought the naughty iPad to iCare, Authorized Apple Service outlet, 4th floor, Central Festival Pattaya. They told me that for 4,500 Baht and 5-7 working days, I would get a 'replacement' iPad. It would be the same model (early 2016), same colour, same RAM, no engraving on the back.  It would be just the iPad, no box, charger, cable, etc.  I asked if it would be new or previously unused - "I don't know".  Is there a warrantee - "3 months", said without confidence.

Khun Ice told me 500 baht was for the new part (the battery) and 4,000 for the work. It would be an Apple-original part.

She told me iPads with bulging screens were pretty common.

A new 11" iPad with my options costs about 38,000 baht; if the replacement lasts at least a year, my goal is met. I'm feeling positive, kinda, and am missing my little friend already.

Just an update. Yesterday iCare called and I went down and picked up the replacement. The exterior sure looks new - not a ding, and it performs the same as before (thanks iCloud restore).

I’m always bitching about the low quality of Apple’s cables. The one that they used to give me a boost was cracked at the lightening end. “How come?” - “Don’t know”.  There was also a “Price List” on the counter; my iPad model (maybe not the ram) was 14,000.

Archived