marriage and Retirement extension refused

Perhaps get your bank statement notorised and legalized by your foreign office and the Thai embassy in Australia, together with income source entitlement, if from a pension (and if not fragmented)?

Pity the 400k THB you have was not sitting in a Thai Bank though...?

Khon Kaen immigration have the final say on marriage visa's for this area.
The 400K is not in my Thai bank account as of yet, it is cash. Was just using the 65k in my Aus account as I have always done.
If you obtained the stat dec before the 7th, you can still use it.
TI are now saying that using the stat dec is not the problem, but the wording on it is the issue, which is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I can see Division 4's point about the wording. You need to prove your income not money in a bank in Australia.

I think you are in a losing battle with them.

I suggest you do what they said to do. Make a trip to Vientiane or Savannakhet to get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage. Then either start brings at least 40k baht into a Thai bank account or deposit 400k in the bank and leave it there for 2 months before applying for ant another extension. If you needed more time to show the income or money in the bank you could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife of the 90 day entry from the visa.

I have used this exact wording for 6 years without issue.

They can see on the bank statement it is income.

As an update, I have approached the Australian Embassy and asked for a one off stat dec as this is urgent, but so far they are saying "we understand but do not issue them anymore" A stamp and a signature and all is resolved, but no.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Does that work for retirement or just marriage?

Most reports are for marriage. 
I have seen a few reports of the ME version for retirement, but you do need financials for that.  I would plan on possibly only receiving a single-entry for retirement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

Will you also be 'whining'

19 years full time in Thailand, I have learned to accept/comply in order to be allowed to stay here.

If Immigration, police, authorities... tell me to do something, I do it,

and whine to my Thai wife about it.

Out of experience I know one can not win against them.

But one have always the choice not to comply and leave.

The grade of compliance is of course different from one person to another.

• Like 2

Tilaceer said:

TI are now saying that using the stat dec is not the problem, but the wording on it is the issue, which is ridiculous.

Apparently this issue surfaced several years ago, as the wording on the US income statement changed. The first quote below is how the income statements of several years ago read:

I also affirm that I receive US$ _________________ every month from the United States Government and/or other sources.

Then, the wording changed to:

I affirm that I reside at ____________________________________________________________________
and that I have an income of U.S. $ _________________________ every month.

Note, the first quote only mentions receiving "US $xxxx" from sources in the US. But the newer version specifically states "income." What caused this change? A decent guess is that Immigration came to the conclusion that "income" denoted a more stable source of continuing money. Under the original wording, non income sources of dollars, like drawing down your savings account, would qualify. Under the newer wording, this probably would not satisfy Immigration -- unless, maybe, if you bought an immediate pay annuity with your savings account funds......

Anyhow, under the still emerging new rules, will Immigration be happy with just seeing any old cash flow pop into your Thai bank account every month? Or will they want to see evidence of "income," to preclude such cash flow from being from Las Vegas winnings or a gift from Grandma....... From what I've read, already CM is interested in seeing that your cash flow is "income."

36 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

19 years full time in Thailand, I have learned to accept/comply in order to be allowed to stay here.

If Immigration, police, authorities... tell me to do something, I do it,

and whine to my Thai wife about it.

Out of experience I know one can not win against them.

But one have always the choice not to comply and leave.

The grade of compliance is of course different from one person to another.

Where have I not complied ?

I have used the same verbage for 6 years without issue. Everything they asked for was suppied.

The fact that they changed their reason for refusal a few times seems to indicate to me that they realise they have made a mistake and are not willing to admit it. Especially in light of the new option they have given me, which I will provide here if succesful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Most reports are for marriage. 
I have seen a few reports of the ME version for retirement, but you do need financials for that.  I would plan on possibly only receiving a single-entry for retirement.

If your home bank and income is accepted this option seems quite do able, rather than home country Embassy then?

14 hours ago, tilaceer said:

They object to the fact that, on my stat dec, I have said "money deposited" and not pension or income.

Isn't it supposed to be a standard form like a USA income declaration affidavit form? Did you use the same wording in the past also which was approved in the past. May be you can show them a copy of the past stat dec where exact same wording is used.

Edited by onera1961

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

You do as they say, you can whine if you wish, but you have your extension.

Or :

You don't do as they wish, you whine, and don't have your extension.

Up to you.

Like pissing into the wind. For me as a non-native English speaker, Deposit and Income have a different meaning. I can understand their point. But what am I to say, just keep on fighting ????

57 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Apparently this issue surfaced several years ago, as the wording on the US income statement changed.

As said above several years ago the form was changed to "income" at US Embassy (advised immigration would not accept old form) and had to fill out a new form to comply as had copied the previous years.  In view of that do not believe you have a winning hand so may be time to fold.

54 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

Where have I not complied ?

I have used the same verbage for 6 years without issue. Everything they asked for was suppied.

The fact that they changed their reason for refusal a few times seems to indicate to me that they realise they have made a mistake and are not willing to admit it. Especially in light of the new option they have given me, which I will provide here if succesful.

The problem is like many times in Thailand. They not always follow the rules. and therefore ignored the wrong wording before.

Now they check accordingly to the rules and it is now no longer accepted. So before they were only very nice.. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tilaceer said:

The fact that they changed their reason for refusal a few times seems to indicate to me that they realise they have made a mistake and are not willing to admit it.

If they made a mistake do you expect they recognize it ? or/and apologize ?

It's up  to the expat to adapt to whatever they say, if he wish to stay here.

This is the sad reality.

The final choice is still ours,

however don't expect they care at all, if you move or " threat " to. 

Edited by luckyluke
  • Like 1