CM - PM2.5 very good

wolfmuc

I hope you noticed the good weather in your area.

Thanks to the wind.

In Lampoon, Phrae, DenChai, Nan not so good.

Please, watch the numbers especially at Lampang.

Not far away from Lampang there is a lignite fired power plant, Mae Moh.

And there is very bad air, all around.

Almost all of the time.

Worse than Bangkok.

image.png.83969197b99e1a84a38e026d66c455a6.png  image.png.9a6b1ea029956ab7562306669e629137.png

5 hours ago, wolfmuc said:

' I hope you noticed the good weather in your area. '

Sorry, but I thought everyone would understand.

Btw, here north of Phrae, PM2.5 this morning inside the house 275 and outside 334.

I hope I am correct in thinking that you were actually being sarcastic about it being good weather.

I'm reminded of the story about a British peer who was offended by a barometer in his mansion showing "Fine". Throwing it out a window into the pouring rain, he shouted " There, you bloody fool, see for yourself!"

Today is certainly the worst of the year by a wide margin. CM is 3rd worst in the world behind New Delhi & Dhaka and has PM 2,5 level slightly short of 3 times the maximum set by Thai authorities as dangerous. 

So bkk6060 was not wrong to say that he could feel the poor air quality. 

My aircon in the lounge is running and my air purifies too and so far the indoor air quality remains okay. Even the cat has decided it is better to stay indoors tonight.

1 hour ago, Mahseer said:

Take a look at China then revise your statement.

Sorry, Mahseer,

is it important to be the first, second or what?

Besides, it all depends on the winds.

If you were living upnorth we all should be glad:

no ChinaSmog influence till now.

But I'm afraid the system is changing these days.

Have a look at the screenshot.

The channel is 'being built'.

image.png.e3237a516f03ba73df7bcd90ff9d1a33.png

15 minutes ago, orang37 said:

What show on thr Nature Channel were you watching ?

~o:37;

Very Funny.

You were obviously wearing a blindfold yesterday....the world pollution levels yesterday ranked Chiang Mai as third worst behind Delhi and Lahore

How's that?

120\130 is hardly good. It is in fact rated unhealthy for sensitive groups.

The WHO danger level for PM 2,5 is 25 units & the Thai government use 50 units. 

Here in CM the PM 2,5 count is 56 units with the overall rating of 151. This is using the US AQI which is measured in real time so is much more accurate than the Chinese AQI which uses current & historical data to achieve a smoothing effect on the ratings.

Today has been a rather dynamic one with air movement changing the global ranking quite frequently. CM has dropped to 14th. BKK has risen to 6th, above any Chinese city.

I noticed that Homepro has stock of 3M brand PM 2,5 masks today. Looks like they have brought them in from Korea to meet local demand.

Dear Mr/Mrs brommers,

' 120\130 is hardly good. It is in fact rated unhealthy for sensitive groups. "

D'accord.

But if the alternative would be ' inside 275, outside 334' I would prefer

an 120 reading.

This night here north of Phrae 'only' 46 with the air purifier working, and

now outside 67 !

Wonderful.

Breathing is possible again.

If the Pm2.5 numbers will rise again we might meet at Mae Moh entrance to discuss

the situation with?

the Guards?/the Security?/the CEO?. - Or what would you suggest?

Btw, I don't need any numbers froem US, China, RU or where ever.

I have my nose, my eyes and an PM2.5-meter to check it out.

And today is quite good, especially in comparison with the last days.

You people living in CM are the proverbial frogs sitting in a pot of soon to be boiling water.  With any common sense you know this pollution you are experiencing is going to damage your health. 

Some say it will have no affect (deniers) others say they have no other option (really?) and others actually may get away for the time the pollution is at unhealthy levels to somewhere better.

Bottom line is this problem is not going away.  Make CM your home and this is what you will deal with on an annual level.  I really hope people can realize how serious this is and make an educated decision before moving to CM or if they are already here, if this is where they should stay.  I have nothing to gain by making this post other than helping someone to make the right decision for the health of everyone they care for.

You people living in CM are the proverbial frogs sitting in a pot of soon to be boiling water.  With any common sense you know this pollution you are experiencing is going to damage your health. 

Some say it will have no affect (deniers) others say they have no other option (really?) and others actually may get away for the time the pollution is at unhealthy levels to somewhere better.
Bottom line is this problem is not going away.  Make CM your home and this is what you will deal with on an annual level.  I really hope people can realize how serious this is and make an educated decision before moving to CM or if they are already here, if this is where they should stay.  I have nothing to gain by making this post other than helping someone to make the right decision for the health of everyone they care for.

So where would you suggest? I lived a good part of 10 years in Bangkok and my health certainly took a turn for the worse in more ways than one.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Excellent statement, mrmillersr.

And it's not only Chiang Mai. Depending on the time of the year and the wind directions

the entire north is concerned, or the northeast or Greater Bangkok.

When Indonesia is burning then the south of Thailand is in big trouble too.

So, also speaking to Mr Gweiloman, there is not so much green on this map

(Berkeley Earth):

image.png.e4420f83c4b35f95324c479013a67ad6.png

15 hours ago, mrmillersr said:

You people living in CM are the proverbial frogs sitting in a pot of soon to be boiling water.

But, we are the princes turned into frogs with the golden balls every princess lost ... that every princess longs for ... and, how beautifully we croak !

~o:37;

Archived