BANGKOK 21 February 2019 14:43
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Meet The ‘Grandpa’ YouTuber Who Makes Epic Meals For Orphans On His Cooking Channel

A cooking show on YouTube has taken up a unique task that has endeared it to millions of followers: to share amazing recipes while feeding poor orphans in India.

The YouTube channel, called “Grandpa Kitchen,” features 73-year-old Narayana Reddy from Telangana, India, who cooks gargantuan meals to bring smiles and fill tummies of hungry children.

Set up by Grandpa’s relative, Shrikant Reddy, in August 2017, the channel has attracted over 4 million subscribers, generating over 380 million views from its 160 videos (2.38 million views per video) as of this writing.

On his channel, Grandpa prepares a variety of recipes from Asian cuisine to Western food.

Each video, which has 12-15 minutes of runtime, shows Grandpa teaming up with three other men to prepare a meal huge enough to feed about a hundred mouths of local orphans or those in need.

Grandpa uses simple ingredients and tools for his special recipes which are usually cooked outside over an open fire.

Despite its seemingly modest format, the videos are noticeably well-shot and well-produced overall.

Videos open with the inspiring statement: “Loving. Caring. Sharing. This is my family,” and end with the smiling faces of the children who get to feast on the food lovingly prepared by Grandpa Kitchen.

Full article

• Thanks 1

While no one should go hungry and this is how it should be for all. Unfortunately, we live in times where you need money to keep things going and it is what got societies worldwide into these situations where money has to be made. Everything that has been touched by human hands has been monopolized in order to make money. This is why there is not much to this kind of thing out of sight out of mind. People do not want to hear or see what their actions are causing. Starving kids is a worldwide issue that has never and will never be solved to many groups pop up in the name of charity and non profit. These groups still require funding to maintain......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InsertNameHere said:

While no one should go hungry and this is how it should be for all. Unfortunately, we live in times where you need money to keep things going and it is what got societies worldwide into these situations where money has to be made. Everything that has been touched by human hands has been monopolized in order to make money. This is why there is not much to this kind of thing out of sight out of mind. People do not want to hear or see what their actions are causing. Starving kids is a worldwide issue that has never and will never be solved to many groups pop up in the name of charity and non profit. These groups still require funding to maintain......

Money is power & power is control if you cant pay then tough shit !

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Money is power & power is control if you cant pay then tough shit !

No money is not power and control is in the mind. People make it about money. The world and all on it was not made to control. Peoples ideals and thoughts make the world what it is today. People that have the mentality that they are better than another is a illusion nothing more.

2 hours ago, InsertNameHere said:

No money is not power and control is in the mind. People make it about money. The world and all on it was not made to control. Peoples ideals and thoughts make the world what it is today. People that have the mentality that they are better than another is a illusion nothing more.

Unfortunately, what you deny is the reality of the world today. Wealth gives one the power to control one's immediate environment. Wealth allows  one to gain more power by being able to invest in the tools which create power; Education, healthcare, shelter and nutrition.  It sucks to be poor, but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

17 hours ago, InsertNameHere said:

I wish I could do this in my small village. My Thai wife has already informed me that some "powers" are already warning people about me.

I do nothing. I have open food fests once a month for the rellies.

They all ask me to teach the children English.

It is a closed society where true education is a threat to society.

And I have a high ranking soldier and policeman who never come. Beware my wife says