BANGKOK
Leslie850

Retirement Visa Problem Solved 100% Legal

It’s been suggested many times already.

It may not be illegal, but you are claiming to have an income that you don’t have which means you are making a fraudulent application.

You would need more than £500, because the £500 would soon reduce with the cost of sending it back and forth.

And it’s unknown how immigration would react seeing 65K coming in every month, but seeing some transferred out again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It’s been suggested many times already.

It may not be illegal, but you are claiming to have an income that you don’t have which means you are making a fraudulent application.

You would need more than £500, because the £500 would soon reduce with the cost of sending it back and forth.

And it’s unknown how immigration would react seeing 65K coming in every month, but seeing some transferred out again. 

It doesn't mean you haven't got the necessary income level. Many people, including the OP here, have sufficient income (over 65k) but don't bring in (haven't in the past) that much per month as they don't need that much to live on. The main problem remains that not all immigration offices will accept the monthly deposit method. Unless something has changed, Jomtien told one person who enquired last month that they would not accept monthly deposits for retirement extensions.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

However, you're not just dealing with transfer charges on this, but also withdrawing baht to buy back pounds - with the bid-ask spread involved, this is going to get expensive and run down the capital fast.

In theory you could avoid both, have the money in a foreign currency account in Thailand (accepable to immigration) no exchange losses sending pounds/dollars back and forth, set up accounts with someone like citibank who do free transfers between citibank accounts across borders.

• Like 1

Thanks for your Comment, I have lived here in Thailand 6 years now, I have not broken any rules i have complied with every request the Immigration requires over this 6 year period. Circumstances have changed, my Embassy stooped verifying my income from the UK My income was over 800,000 per year, its up to me how much I need to live on so I only drew 45,000 Baht per month.

But now my situation is that I need to show 65,000 per month as do many others, my way does not break any rules, its not cheating the system, i'm not going via an agent it complies with what they require. I have decided to go the Marriage visa way, a much harder way than my Retirement visa because I comply with what they want an income of 44,000 Baht per month. I was told i needed to show this every month.

The Immigration have been more than fair with me I asked what they needed and still they turned me down, giving me another 60 days to get what I needed. which is a reasonable amount of time to achieve this.

Follow the rules of this Country it's their Country not yours.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Bla Bla Bla so expats should walk the strait a narrow in a country riddled with fraud and whos constantly changing visa rules are a murky as a London fog...lol

I say any thing a all that works should be taken into serious  consideration...

Immigrants not expats. Some illegal.

1 hour ago, wreckingcountry said:

Ah the old “just do as your told “ even if it’s not consistent and nonsense ! Vietnam feeling good now

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Do you really think you are in a position to dictate immigration terms even if you consider it nonsense? All these empty threats about moving elsewhere like that's going to change anything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leslie850 said:

Thanks for your Comment, I have lived here in Thailand 6 years now, I have not broken any rules i have complied with every request the Immigration requires over this 6 year period. Circumstances have changed, my Embassy stooped verifying my income from the UK My income was over 800,000 per year, its up to me how much I need to live on so I only drew 45,000 Baht per month.

But now my situation is that I need to show 65,000 per month as do many others, my way does not break any rules, its not cheating the system, i'm not going via an agent it complies with what they require. I have decided to go the Marriage visa way, a much harder way than my Retirement visa because I comply with what they want an income of 44,000 Baht per month. I was told i needed to show this every month.

The Immigration have been more than fair with me I asked what they needed and still they turned me down, giving me another 60 days to get what I needed. which is a reasonable amount of time to achieve this.

Follow the rules of this Country it's their Country not yours.

I think you are fine - as far as I know immigration does not make any mention of how the money coming into Thailand is to be spent. If you choose to spend it outside of Thailand that is your prerogative. I would imagine a cash withdrawal of 20'000 and then sent back in a different account would leave a paper trail but that would require so much effort immigration would not find it worth their while. 

• Like 1