Retirement Visa Problem Solved 100% Legal

39 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Yes, quite, "the pot calling the kettle black" for immigration to complain - but I would expect it.  Some of them see racket-running using their "interpretations" to block legit-applications as their right - while we have no rights.

That would be more like 35K Baht plus "emergency only" medical-insurance (not outpatient, etc).

It was never the meaning, until they decided to retroactively alter history, and claim "income" meant "income all sent to Thailand," and anyone not doing this was exploiting a "loophole."

Depends on the office / IO's "interpretation" - of course.

You are from North Africa or the Middle-East?  Read up on the history of slavery, and quit blaming the cultures that were the first on Earth to outlaw it - and many other unsavory practices.  Howard Zinn is fine for one perspective, but doesn't tell the "rest of the story" by any stretch.

No, but the IO can ask for "Secondary documentation" of your income - doing this even with embassy-letters, at some offices. 

No.  All immigration did was make ALL students - legit and not-legit - pay extra "hassle free 90-day extension" fees through their schools or an agent 3 times/yr.  The entire "crackdown" was nothing but a ruse to raise more corruption money - and has been operating this way ever since. 

Given the big-name agents were not rounded up, and the IOs who work with them are not on TV, I suspect what is happening now with retirement-extensions is more of the same.

The "show transfers" method is so clearly open to money-rotation, I can only think it was proposed with the intent to be canceled shortly via, "See, they are abusing the system."  When that happens, another chunk of expats can be shoved into the agent-fee paying category.

There is no show transfers method, it is the show income rule.

What an amazing way to make immigration once again clamp down on people who actually abide by the rules. An amazing "solution" indeed...

This is the kind of crap that will make them tighten the rules even more. Wouldn't surprise me if they remove the income method all together if people start pulling obvious stunts like this. They won't care if you believe you are "technically" following the rules (which you aren't even doing, since the transfer is supposed to verify your actual income).

39 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

And how would sending money back and forth comply with the 65000 thb INCOME rule?

Send the same 65k in on the fist of the month, send it home again , then send the same 65k back on the first of the next month, repeat 12 times a year

8 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

not sure why a six minute youtube video is needed to make a ten second suggestion that could be written in a few words.

Money , he earns money on Youtube clicks . You just helped him by watching it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

Your idea does not comply with those conditions and is fraud. So don’t claim otherwise.

To be clear. The fraud is obtaining an extension by deception.

It's actually better to use an agent and borrow 800k. Immigration officials approve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Christophers200 said:

That same 65K would rapidly diminish as transfer charges are applied each time it is moved.

Read my original post #8 ,discussing banks like citibank that do fee free transfers between citibank accounts in different countries. if both accounts are the same currency then no exchange losses either.

Edited by Peterw42

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Send the same 65k in on the fist of the month, send it home again , then send the same 65k back on the first of the next month, repeat 12 times a year

Maybe a group of friends could get together, pool their money and then recycle the combined income to each of their accounts in turn, staggered over the month. As many as 15 could join in at around 5k a pop. What could possibly go wrong? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Read my original post #8 ,discussing banks like citibank that do fee free transfers between citibank accounts in different countries.

Not everyone banks with Citibank -- and I responded to your comment #39 which makes no mention of Citibank which only has branches in Bangkok.

The issue also seems (according to other threads and immigration documents provided to the person who opened the thread) to be that when using the income method - from 2020 the money must be from a pension and also verified by your Embassy which some Embassies have already stopped doing.

What a cluster&^*k - I do use the money in the bank method but this is still annoying as no doubt the 800k figure will increase.

18 minutes ago, balo said:

Money , he earns money on Youtube clicks . You just helped him by watching it. 

At 227 clicks currently, he's racked up a handsome profit of 23 cents. Glass half full though, if he gets two million clicks it'd raise around 65k... 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Maybe a group of friends could get together, pool their money and then recycle the combined income to each of their accounts in turn, staggered over the month. As many as 15 could join in at around 5k a pop. What could possibly go wrong? 

Prior to these current changes it wasnt unknown for 2-3 guys to use the same 800k for deposit.

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Then your 65K is NOT income.

Yes legally , technically its not but in theory it would meet the immigration requirements as income, as per the OPs youtube video.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

At 227 clicks currently, he's racked up a handsome profit of 23 cents. Glass half full though, if he gets two million clicks it'd raise around 65k... 

What country was it earned in, is a youtube cheque acceptable income and do you need a WP.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Prior to these current changes it wasnt unknown for 2-3 guys to use the same 800k for deposit.

Yes, seasoning was brought in to attempt to stop this (at one time there was no seasoning at all on the 800k), but it could still have been done perhaps up to three times a year. I'm just pushing the same idea to it's absurd conclusion regarding income recycling, though as has been mentioned it wouldn't be genuine income.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fforest1 said:
11 hours ago, elviajero said:

You are proposing fraud, and your proposal does not comply with regulations.

Bla Bla Bla so expats should walk the strait a narrow in a country riddled with fraud and whos constantly changing visa rules are a murky as a London fog...lol

I say any thing a all that works should be taken into serious  consideration...

Not to mention that the OP did mention in his video that he has over 65k income per month but doesn't need that much per month brought in.

Elviajero doesn't understand the difference between having an income of 65k per month and needing 65k per month. Is he training for the proxy Thai immigration police brigade?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

It's actually better to use an agent and borrow 800k. Immigration officials approve. 

I agreed agents fees will for sure rise but i suspect they will be under the costs required on the money go round method.

Agent will be tidier less work, and probably cost involved 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Crossy said:

After only 40 months you'll have the 800,000 needed to extend on that basis and can import whatever you like ????

A quarter of a billion youtube clicks will also raise the 800k, while enjoying the same giddy heights as Charlie bit my finger and Oppun Gangnam style. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, elviajero said:

It’s been suggested many times already.

It may not be illegal, but you are claiming to have an income that you don’t have which means you are making a fraudulent application.

You would need more than £500, because the £500 would soon reduce with the cost of sending it back and forth.

And it’s unknown how immigration would react seeing 65K coming in every month, but seeing some transferred out again. 

How could you disguise the money as being from a Govt Pension. You  need to keep up with the latest gossip. 

29 minutes ago, elviajero said:

tropo doesn’t understand that the OP was suggesting this idea for people (not himself) that do not have 65K income.

elviajero is looking out for other members that might beleive the OP’s claim that churning money to inflate an income is legit.

With all due respect, I think elviajero should stop trying to do UJs job. 

• Haha 1

I don’t know if I have missed something in all this banter about proving INCOME. Doesn’t Thai Immigration still accept embassy letters as proof of INCOME? That letter just states one's INCOME, not the amount brought into Thailand each month, which is up to the individual.

Now that SOME embassies have stopped issuing these letters another method of proving INCOME is necessary, but that shouldn’t  change what the individual wishes to do with that INCOME.  

I don’t see why a person from one country can just show certified income letter and one from another country has to bring in THB 65,000 every month whether needed or not.

3 minutes ago, indepth said:

With all due respect, I think elviajero should stop trying to do UJs job. 

What job would that be? He’s a moderator and I have no interest in being one.

His job is not to answer the trolls trolling me. His job is to delete pointless posts like yours and this reply to it!

• Haha 1