Coup ‘fake news’, military united: Prayut

webfact

Coup ‘fake news’, military united: Prayut

By THE NATION

626cf809bfdc58be72b14738527d0ee8.jpeg

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday dismissed rumours of a junta order removing the military’s commanders-in-chief as “fake news”, insisting the military remained united.

“If it were true I would have informed [the public]. There is a procedure to remove any [military] officer. It’s not like I can use Article 44 [to order a removal],” General Prayut said in response to the rumour.

The rumour coincided with similar rumours of a possible counter coup d’etat amid uncertainty over the political situation. 

Defence Ministry spokesman Kongcheep Tantravanich said Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan had insisted that there would be no counter-coup as some were speculating.

The military has 100 per cent unity and is a major institution for taking care of national security, he added. 

Meanwhile, the assistant secretary-general of the Secretariat of the Cabinet, Savitri Chamnarnkit, yesterday filed charges with the Technology Crime Suppression Division (TCSD) against individuals alleged to have circulated a falsified junta order. Pol Colonel Siriwat Deepor, the TCSD spokesman, accepted the case and said he would set up a team to investigate and find the culprits, who may have violated Article 14(2) of the Computer Crime Act.

The Article states that those involved in importing false computer data to a computer system that is likely to damage the country’s security or cause panic among the public shall be subject to imprisonment for not more than five years or a fine of not more than Bt100,000 or both. 

The false order, which indicated that active post commanders of the Army, Navy and Air Force were to be removed, had spread on social network platforms during the weekend. 

It also claimed the transfers were royally approved and promulgated in the Royal Gazette. 

In a related development, the National Council for Peace and Order set up a war room to closely monitor current movements that could instigate chaos in the country, a junta source said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30363951

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-12

"...In a related development, the National Council for Peace and Order set up a war room to closely monitor current movements that could instigate chaos in the country, a junta source said..."

I am told that there have been reports of Thai citizens putting up posters of a political nature, making speeches of a political nature, postings made on Facebook and other social media platforms of a political nature and congregating in groups of more than five people in meeting(s) described as being "political in nature".

These trouble-makers will be investigated, monitored closely and their activities curtailed if/as necessary.

(sadly, I need to point out that I am joking...)

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Defence Ministry spokesman Kongcheep Tantravanich said Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan had insisted that there would be no counter-coup as some were speculating.

And if the defence minister - that shining beacon of honesty and integrity - insists so, it must be true. (cough, cough)

“If it were true I would have informed [the public]. There is a procedure to remove any [military] officer. It’s not like I can use Article 44 [to order a removal],” General Prayut said in response to the rumour.

However, if he did that to remove himself, would the police rule it as suicide?

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday dismissed rumours of a junta order removing the military’s commanders-in-chief as “fake news”, insisting the military remained united.

Well that would seem to confirm that all is not well at the top, given the man is a serial liar.

17 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

Maybe the military has had enough of Prayut also for someone that has claimed to have resigned his commission he spends a lot of time in uniform

When did you last see Prayut in military uniform?

The uniform he is seen wearing these days is the Thai civil service uniform, nothing to do with the military.

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...In a related development, the National Council for Peace and Order set up a war room to closely monitor current movements that could instigate chaos in the country, a junta source said..."

I am told that there have been reports of Thai citizens putting up posters of a political nature, making speeches of a political nature, postings made on Facebook and other social media platforms of a political nature and congregating in groups of more than five people in meeting(s) described as being "political in nature".

These trouble-makers will be investigated, monitored closely and their activities curtailed if/as necessary.

(sadly, I need to point out that I am joking...)

If this fake news has any grounds for concern to national security then the current government and leader should and I presume will inevitably stay in control.

Lets hope so ....  ????

This country is so funny. It's like watching millions of babies.

When you don't follow laws or rules or even an ethical framework for right and wrong, the only thing that matters is cunning and force. And, force is the only system their feudal society understands. They will never figure out how to build a society of laws and progress.

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

If this fake news has any grounds for concern to national security then the current government and leader should and I presume will inevitably stay in control.

Lets hope so ....  ????

If the national security is due to the current government, shouldn't they stay out rather stay and allow the insecurity to fester. You are tripping all over with your poor assessment. 

Just now, Eric Loh said:

If the national security is due to the current government, shouldn't they stay out rather stay and allow the insecurity to fester. You are tripping all over with your poor assessment. 

Fake or not ....  as Khun Prayuth reiterated ...  there is no issue with the military and the Junta is united.

I see where your coming from and right,  but I believe this is just another speed bump on the political highway... nothing to threatening.

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

This country is so funny. It's like watching millions of babies.

When you don't follow laws or rules or even an ethical framework for right and wrong, the only thing that matters is cunning and force. And, force is the only system their feudal society understands. They will never figure out how to build a society of laws and progress.

One of the best summations (above) of official Thai 'culture' I have ever read here. Brilliantly and accurately stated, Fex Bluse. Morality and ethics are nothing here (except in empty verbiage). 'Might is right' prevails amongst the fake 'elites' again and again and again.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Fake or not ....  as Khun Prayuth reiterated ...  there is no issue with the military and the Junta is united.

I see where your coming from and right,  but I believe this is just another speed bump on the political highway... nothing to threatening.

Ah, but are these "speed bumps on the political highway" marked on the "roadmap"?

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The military has 100 per cent unity

Damn!

Lets hope not hey.

The rumour coincided with similar rumours of a possible counter coup d’etat amid uncertainty over the political situation. 

Damn.

Lets hope so hey.

No smoke without fire as they say...........

In a related development, the National Council for Peace and Order set up a war room to closely monitor current movements that could instigate chaos in the country, a junta source said.

Paranoia.

Scared of their own shadows.

Fear mongering numpties.

"He's behind YOU"..........

Archived