BANGKOK 21 February 2019 21:36
webfact

Coup ‘fake news’, military united: Prayut

20 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

I wonder who did it and where they are now hiding?

In the barracks.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...In a related development, the National Council for Peace and Order set up a war room to closely monitor current movements that could instigate chaos in the country, a junta source said..."

I am told that there have been reports of Thai citizens putting up posters of a political nature, making speeches of a political nature, postings made on Facebook and other social media platforms of a political nature and congregating in groups of more than five people in meeting(s) described as being "political in nature".

These trouble-makers will be investigated, monitored closely and their activities curtailed if/as necessary.

(sadly, I need to point out that I am joking...)

If this fake news has any grounds for concern to national security then the current government and leader should and I presume will inevitably stay in control.

Lets hope so ....  😁

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I believed the first reports that this was fake news.....after having read this from Prayut I am now convinced that it probably was NOT fake news.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

If this fake news has any grounds for concern to national security then the current government and leader should and I presume will inevitably stay in control.

Lets hope so ....  😁

If the national security is due to the current government, shouldn't they stay out rather stay and allow the insecurity to fester. You are tripping all over with your poor assessment. 

Just now, Eric Loh said:

If the national security is due to the current government, shouldn't they stay out rather stay and allow the insecurity to fester. You are tripping all over with your poor assessment. 

Fake or not ....  as Khun Prayuth reiterated ...  there is no issue with the military and the Junta is united.

I see where your coming from and right,  but I believe this is just another speed bump on the political highway... nothing to threatening.

"Truth isn't truth"

Rudy G

It could just be on hold...

Real question: with Cobra Gold happening would that of made a coup next to impossible for a variety of reasons (intl politics, troop availability etc).

Translated: There might be a coup 

2 hours ago, owling said:

He looks like a worried man. 

Not as worried at someone in Dubai.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Fake or not ....  as Khun Prayuth reiterated ...  there is no issue with the military and the Junta is united.

I see where your coming from and right,  but I believe this is just another speed bump on the political highway... nothing to threatening.

Ah, but are these "speed bumps on the political highway" marked on the "roadmap"?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The military has 100 per cent unity

Damn!

Lets hope not hey.

The rumour coincided with similar rumours of a possible counter coup d’etat amid uncertainty over the political situation. 

Damn.

Lets hope so hey.

No smoke without fire as they say...........

In a related development, the National Council for Peace and Order set up a war room to closely monitor current movements that could instigate chaos in the country, a junta source said.

Paranoia.

Scared of their own shadows.

Fear mongering numpties.

"He's behind YOU"..........