Poll: Thais want better living standards

webfact

Poll: Thais want better living standards

9b8523763bbb3d60bce2b9eeec031db2_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 12th February 2019 (NNT) - Dusit Poll reports that Thai people want better standards of living after the election.

A recent survey conducted by Suan Dusit University of 58,572 people between January 1 and February 9, 2019, showed that the majority of eligible voters back policies that would lift their wellbeing.

Up to 30.24% of male respondents said they would support parties with policies that promote employment and income generation, and 30.91% of female respondents said they would support similar policies, along with policies to boost economic growth, trade, investment, and agricultural prices.

29.15% of respondents aged between 18 and 20 said they would vote for MP candidates who promised to improve the Thai education system, while 28.47% of people who were 50 years and older said they would vote for candidates who promised to raise employment wages and salaries.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- nnt 2019-02-12

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Further responses included;

• 96.2% of respondents gave obvious answers to idiotic questions
  • 87.9% of respondents believed in unicorns
  • 72.8% of respondents wanted good candidates to be victorious
  • 88.9% of respondents wanted ice-cream after dinner four times a week
  • 94.1% of respondents thought water was 'wet'
  • 96.3% of respondents thought afternoon naps were a 'good thing'
  • 77.2% of respondents wished to purchase 'magical beans' so that it would improve their harvest yields

13 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Further responses included;

• 96.2% of respondents gave obvious answers to idiotic questions
  • 87.9% of respondents believed in unicorns
  • 72.8% of respondents wanted good candidates to be victorious
  • 88.9% of respondents wanted ice-cream after dinner four times a week
  • 94.1% of respondents thought water was 'wet'
  • 96.3% of respondents thought afternoon naps were a 'good thing'
  • 77.2% of respondents wished to purchase 'magical beans' so that it would improve their harvest yields

5% of the population said they were very happy with current living standards!

To say want better living standards means nothing. What is a "better" living? Why and what are people basing these ideas off of? There is no such thing as better living. Just cause one sees a different way of living does not means it is better or worse. The term "Better Living" comes from people who think they are better off then the rest.

9 minutes ago, InsertNameHere said:

To say want better living standards means nothing. What is a "better" living? Why and what are people basing these ideas off of? There is no such thing as better living. Just cause one sees a different way of living does not means it is better or worse. The term "Better Living" comes from people who think they are better off then the rest.

Are you saying that from a position of being "better off" then the people who participated in the survey ?

Are you earning 9000 Baht a month, like many Thais who want a better standard of living ?

Are you a rich guy , telling the poor people that they should be happy with what they got ?

A Thai worker who spends all his income on basic survival , shouldnt seek more ?

Better living means road line markings, rubbish collections, and flat walkways without holes for starters, then comes social welfare, jobs, and health facility improvements.

A falang has taken management position at a rundown condo. He's turning it into 4 star. Get some Swiss in. They'll get systems running like clockwork.

55 minutes ago, InsertNameHere said:

Just like in the Thai soap operas, you know, big house, nice cars, servants....oh, and a screeching ladyboy!

56 minutes ago, InsertNameHere said:

Yes sort of right. Not those that "Think" but  those that "KNOW" whats better for everyone as a whole. Pollution issues would be an good example. 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Are you saying that from a position of being "better off" then the people who participated in the survey ?

Are you earning 9000 Baht a month, like many Thais who want a better standard of living ?

Are you a rich guy , telling the poor people that they should be happy with what they got ?

A Thai worker who spends all his income on basic survival , shouldnt seek more ?

Earning? Does not mean better or worse living. People equate living with money. To live does not require money. Money is what is the cause of peoples problems. Wanting more and more....

Rich Guy? I do not know what rich means I understand what society says it means. I am just another person in the world that is living in a world that I had no hand in "creating"

Seeking income? I think people all over does not matter Thai or not everyone is seeking money that is a learned behavior. There is no better or worse form of living there is only the illusions of what is better. A man in a jungle outside, a person with out or does not need money is not looking for "better living" He/She does not know what the word means....

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Up to 30.24% of male respondents said they would support parties with policies that promote employment

Why is that? I thought there was practically no unemployment in this country. Isn't that exactly what every government continues trumpeting?

21 minutes ago, InsertNameHere said:

Earning? Does not mean better or worse living. People equate living with money. To live does not require money. Money is what is the cause of peoples problems. Wanting more and more....

Rich Guy? I do not know what rich means I understand what society says it means. I am just another person in the world that is living in a world that I had no hand in "creating"

Seeking income? I think people all over does not matter Thai or not everyone is seeking money that is a learned behavior. There is no better or worse form of living there is only the illusions of what is better. A man in a jungle outside, a person with out or does not need money is not looking for "better living" He/She does not know what the word means....

Yes, living in the jungle like Tarzan doesnt require any money , living in a cave, drinking rain water and bananas doesnt require money .

"Rich" means having more than most , and as normal wage in Thailand is 3-400 Baht a day , if you receive double that amount , you are "rich" , compared to the poor  

22 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Around my way 99% of the Men want bigger Hammocks, more Beer and more Fags and want their Wive's to work longer hours in the Market than the 18-20 hours they are already working to supply those requirements !

Sure they want bigger hammocks. Watching rice grow is stressful and tiring

What Thais don't seem to understand is that if your standard of living is going to go up it does not come free, someone has to pay for it, they need to work harder. Remember when Yingluck promised 300 bts  a day, everyone thought they were in on this till the rate was explained that that was for Bangkok alone, less outside, it did not stop the prices going up to pay for the new rate and the prices have continued to go up even though the rate still stays the same, 300 bts a day, inflation is what we call it, prices up is what Thais call it.

Anyone can make these claims when they don't have to fund them, politics are well into these games and I bet many will believe them only to be told later that they did not understand what they were voting for.

Archived