Former Trump lawyer Cohen Senate testimony postponed due to surgery

webfact

Former Trump lawyer Cohen Senate testimony postponed due to surgery

2019-02-11T223016Z_1_LYNXNPEF1A1QI_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-RUSSIA-COHEN.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Michael Cohen, U.S. President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, exits the United States Courthouse after sentencing at the Manhattan borough of New York City, New York, U.S., Dec. 12, 2018. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

(Reuters) - Testimony by U.S. President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen planned for Tuesday before the Senate Intelligence Committee has been postponed due to a recent medical procedure, an attorney for Cohen said.

"The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence has accepted Mr. Cohen's request for postponement of tomorrow's hearing due to post surgery medical needs," Lanny Davis said in a statement to media. "A future date will be announced by the Committee."

Davis did not disclose the surgery or provide other details.

Cohen, who is set to go to prison on March 6, had been subpoenaed to appear before the Senate committee, one of two main congressional panels investigating whether Russia interfered in the U.S. 2016 presidential election.

Trump has repeatedly said there was no collusion between his campaign and Russia and has called Mueller’s investigation a witch hunt.

The delay is the latest snag in Cohen's planned appearances before Congress.

Last week the House Intelligence Committee postponed his testimony until Feb. 28, citing "the interests of the investigation."

Citing threats from Trump, Cohen also put off a hearing of the House of Representatives Oversight Committee originally set for Feb. 7 that has not been rescheduled.

In December, Cohen was sentenced by a federal judge to three years in prison for crimes including orchestrating hush payments to women who claimed to have had affairs with Trump in violation of campaign laws before the 2016 election.

(Reporting by Nathan Layne in New York; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-02-12

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Testimony by U.S. President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen planned for Tuesday before the Senate Intelligence Committee has been postponed due to a recent medical procedure

How predictable...

"Doctor, it is embarrassing, every time I open my mouth"

pinocchio-970x545.jpg.22bf4ae7700fbc62c66134097ea1bcc2.jpg

5 hours ago, Basil B said:

How predictable...

"Doctor, it is embarrassing, every time I open my mouth"

pinocchio-970x545.jpg.22bf4ae7700fbc62c66134097ea1bcc2.jpg

I wouldn’t spend any time predicting lies for future testimony before the House.

Mueller has requested and been granted formal records of testimony already given to the House Intel Committee by the likes of Kushner, Trump Jnr, Hicks et al.

It’s very likely a few ‘porkies’ were told.

My bet is we’ll be finding out very soon who lied and what lies they told.

Illiberals get your denial glasses on, the truth will (despite Individual-1’s best efforts) out!

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:23 AM, Prissana Pescud said:

There will be a series of delays from now till forever. Gotta love the justice system.

Ohh, I feel wobbly, forgot my medication.

Ok sir. Come back in 6 months.. Make it 12.

Ok sir, 12 months it is.

Of course Cohen knows well how to delay and jerk the system. He is an under study of the "liar-in-chief". As an example, just look at the way liar-in-chief "delayed" the release of his tax returns.

Archived