Certificate of Residence, Phuket Immigration

Felt 35

2 hours ago, hansgruber said:

All you need is your passport, copies of front page, the house registration slip inside the passport, visa page and arrival slip copy. 4 photocopies total. 

Also a single photo. 

Takes about 15 mins and you're out of there. 

Thank you. Only one question regarding "house registration slip" Do you mean "receipt of notification"?

Felt.

The following may not apply to Phuket Immigration, but when I applied to Pattaya for a residence cert for opening a bank account, I was refused because they said they needed an embassy letter. The cert for a driving license can still be had with the normal docs. At reception now they make you put the reason for wanting the cert. I have a bank account now because I found a bank to accept me without the immigration letter. 

It may be worth checking if you want the residency cert to open a bank account, could save you a trip.

Comments from sunny specs brigade and smug gits not welcome.

27 minutes ago, jesimps said:

The following may not apply to Phuket Immigration, but when I applied to Pattaya for a residence cert for opening a bank account, I was refused because they said they needed an embassy letter. The cert for a driving license can still be had with the normal docs. At reception now they make you put the reason for wanting the cert. I have a bank account now because I found a bank to accept me without the immigration letter. 

It may be worth checking if you want the residency cert to open a bank account, could save you a trip.

Too late- this thread is about PHUKET and what happens in Pattaya is completely irrelevant..

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Its actually an additional bank account I want to open at the same bank as used for years and when I asked for necessary documentation the bank told me "Certificate of Residence" from Immigration.

Is this an extra savings account with another ATM card by any chance ? At the BKK Bank ? Curious as I was refused another ATM card/account by the Bangkok Bank on lower Sukhumwit today, where I have also had an account for years, one reason being that the supervisor claims there is a new Bank of Thailand rule about one ATM card per foreign customer. Something about preventing money laundering ? First I had ever heard of this "rule" !

But as usual....different bank, different branch, different rules .....you could well be on another planet in Phuket !

12 hours ago, MikeN said:

Is this an extra savings account with another ATM card by any chance ? At the BKK Bank ? Curious as I was refused another ATM card/account by the Bangkok Bank on lower Sukhumwit today, where I have also had an account for years, one reason being that the supervisor claims there is a new Bank of Thailand rule about one ATM card per foreign customer. Something about preventing money laundering ? First I had ever heard of this "rule" !

But as usual....different bank, different branch, different rules .....you could well be on another planet in Phuket !

???? Another planet, sure and with the pros and cons that involve. I intend to place money on a fixed account as a second option in case there will be more changes regarding income letters for the annual retirement extension so ATM card will not be on the request from me to the actual bank in this case.

Felt.

20 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Thank you. Only one question regarding "house registration slip" Do you mean "receipt of notification"?

Felt.

Don't get confused with the 90 day notification slip which can be in your passport.

You will need the address registration slip which should be also in your passport.

2 hours ago, merijn said:

Don't get confused with the 90 day notification slip which can be in your passport.

You will need the address registration slip which should be also in your passport.

I think I have it sorted, my last address update in Phuket is only + month long ago due to Christmas /New year in another province where I also did my 90 day report.

I should like here to ask about one of the.....IO who sit with this desk in Phuket, but maybe enough to say "always uniform, great tan and over the top. Anyone else with grudged impression from .. 

Archived