BANGKOK 17 February 2019 04:28
scotinsiam

Vietnam now has an E visa system

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Every time I excited was Hanoi.

Maybe other airports a bit different / maybe that requirement has been dropped???

In any event very easy to be prepared just in case.

Excited? Was that a deliberate typo? I must admit I liked Hanoi better than HCMC.

• Like 1

Yes it was typo, should have been exited. Whatever!

Getting old, my fingers nowadays not so good at spelling.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm assuming this E part is just for tourist visas, and you can't use it to apply for/receive the 1-year multiple entry (90 days per) visa that's available to Americans at least from the Vietnam Embassy in Washington DC.

image.png.505b24f7d14980cf8d4a24f8a2d32b7c.png

Looking further in the FAQ re e-visa nothing more mentioned about other types of visas.

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

image.png.505b24f7d14980cf8d4a24f8a2d32b7c.png

Looking further in the FAQ re e-visa nothing more mentioned about other types of visas.

I have used a non-government agent before a few times to obtain a 3-month multi-entry, I have also used the visa free 15 day method as I am from the UK.

The agent I have used has a pretty informative website - Americans, in particular,

seem to get a good deal.

http://www.vietnamvisapro.net/

• Like 1

Since the introduction of the 15 day visa exemption (for some countries) I visit VN much more often so I haven’t used any visa services E or otherwise 

On 2/12/2019 at 5:40 PM, ThaiWai said:

Is this news? I used it last year and went to the very last immigration line in HCM because it was the shortest. The I/O took a look at my E-visa, closed her gate and said "follow me".  We walked alllllll the way back to the VOA window and she slid my passport and the visa under the window to staff there and then she walked away without saying a word to me.  Ten minutes later someone came out of the office holding my passport and another travelers and he said "follow".  We followed him to another I/O counter and the I/O stamped us in.  No explanation of any kind just a delay.  Not sure they understand the purpose of the E Visa.

So you were disappointed that you didn't get the normal courtesy and efficiency offered by Thai Immigration????    :cheesy:

4 hours ago, myshem said:

Why do we need a visa to visit one of these retarded countries is the only real question !

Vietnam managed to kick the shit outta french and US imperialist occupying forces and expel them on separate occasions...not bad fer a bunch of retards...

never the less VN is quite a charming place, IMO and well worth a visit...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

Read the thread. Can someone confirm if 3 month multi is available with e-visa. I go Saigon every few weeks and use "approval letter". Need new visa after next trip. Getting tired of the waiting area VOA.