True v AIS.

malt25

Good morning all. My True, internet, TV & phone package will expire soon. Haven't been all that impressed with True for a few reasons. I'm considering changing to AIS. Oh, fiber cable connection. I watch the occasional True movie, UFC, snooker, Nat Geo & Discovery. Do AIS provide many, any of these ?

Would appreciate any advice, suggestions re AIS.

Thanks.  ????

What are the reasons for considering a change?

AIS Fiber does have similar triple-play packages (broadband, TV, mobile phone).

Assuming AIS Fiber is available to you it's simply a matter of grinding through the offer(s) and comparing packaging/pricing/content. Personally, I wouldn't switch unless you're sure you'll have the content you want. I have AIS Fiber HomePlus 100/40 w/ PowerBoost to 200/50 which includes the Playbox and basic channels. I also kept my TrueVisions Cable TV (Platinum HD).

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package_homeplus.html

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package_power4maxx.html

"What are the reasons for considering a change?" Two in particular. A bit of background. I've had an AIS SIM & phone number for over 10 years. Very happy with the service & coverage. Last year I moved into a new rental property. My landlord thought he was doing me a favour, connected True package in his name for my convenience. I just pay the bill when it arrives. Part of this 3 X package is mobile phone service of 500 baht per month. I don't use & not interested in the True mobile component of the package. So Basically a waste of 500 baht a month.

Secondly, the True TV experience. I thought I had a TV fault. Periodically I get a blackout on the TV for 2 to 5 seconds. This occurs about 12 to 15 times each night. I also have a TV set top box for international viewing. Never a blackout when using the set top box. True can't, won't recognise the problem. The True contract expires in April, so at this stage I'll be changing over to AIS.

Appreciate any advice on what's available on AIS re UFC, snooker, F1, Moto GP.

Thanks again for your interest.

Good timing - I have been doing the same research. All was going well until they tell me they do not have fibre running into the Condo building. They tell me on the one hand that the Juristic can request this and they will fix it. On the other hand they have told the Management Company they cannot do it. Does anyone have experience of getting AIS fibre routed into your building? Many thanks.

26 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

AIS customer service from personal experience a million times better than True particularly with English. Gave up on True Visons years ago 

Yes, that's the feeling I'm starting to get. True comes across to me as very arrogant. 

17 hours ago, malt25 said:

Appreciate any advice on what's available on AIS re UFC, snooker, F1, Moto GP.

You can check the AIS Fiber (and AIS Play) sites for info on packaging, channels, pricing.

The Platinum HD package (599 baht) or the Sports package (199 baht) might have what you're looking for?

http://www.ais.co.th/aisplay/en/package.html

Obviously, the first step is to see if you can get AIS Fiber, either to your location or via VDSL.

14 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Does AIS have a TV plus cell package or discount?

Yes, they have double, triple and quadruple play packages.

15 hours ago, Rod the Sod said:

Does anyone have experience of getting AIS fibre routed into your building? Many thanks.

ISPs often negotiate exclusive contracts with buildings. Circumventing these agreements may not be possible. Talk with neighbors, Juristic person to see what's possible.

AIS does run fiber into the basement of some buildings, then uses existing copper for VDSL to the apt, condo, etc. In some cases, your building may already be so equipped.

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/nocontract/en/

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You can check the AIS Fiber (and AIS Play) sites for info on packaging, channels, pricing.

The Platinum HD package (599 baht) or the Sports package (199 baht) might have what you're looking for?

http://www.ais.co.th/aisplay/en/package.html

Obviously, the first step is to see if you can get AIS Fiber, either to your location or via VDSL.

Yes, they have double, triple and quadruple play packages.

ISPs often negotiate exclusive contracts with buildings. Circumventing these agreements may not be possible. Talk with neighbors, Juristic person to see what's possible.

AIS does run fiber into the basement of some buildings, then uses existing copper for VDSL to the apt, condo, etc. In some cases, your building may already be so equipped.

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/nocontract/en/

"Obviously, the first step is to see if you can get AIS Fiber, either to your location or via VDSL."  Yes, fiber cable available.

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I saw the list of channels on that AIS play site. And my playbox has far more than that. It is normally 899 baht/month but on my bill it's always 599/month. Maybe they give some discount, not sure. And not complaining.

I think the AIS Play packages just show the additional channels over the BASIC 100 channels service?

You have the Platinum HD package? Maybe it was originally 899? Now it's 599? Or maybe you get some discount for being an AIS postpaid or Serenade customer? My package is 877 /month, I pay 699 /month as a Serenade customer.

Used to have the TRUE triple package. Internet turned to junk. Dumped TRUE internet service. Dumped TRUE mobile as well. Cannot suspend the mobile service on the package service while away. Kept the TRUE TV service as alternatives patchy. Happy with AIS mobile service packages available. Internet? Now using the landlord provided service, but its somewhat slow at times. 

On 2/12/2019 at 10:50 PM, tomazbodner said:

In my case originally they said they can't put it so high then sent an installation guy to check it out and they just dragged cable up the outside of building to balcony. 1 Gbps up and down checked and has no issues. Fiber right up to the room. But it's up to installation guys and building cooperation. 

I think the signals having to climb so high to your room will slow down the connection. ????

Maybe since they fall down faster going out so it all equals out. 

On 2/26/2019 at 11:22 AM, RocketDog said:

I think the signals having to climb so high to your room will slow down the connection. ????

Maybe since they fall down faster going out so it all equals out. 

Nah... just a higher upload for him ????

Archived