BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
George36

Unlocked S7 Needs Thai Number, Sim, Data Plan

Mobile power pack? Do you mean a MiFi?

It seems that AIS and Truemove H unlimited plans are limited to SIM that were registered by the 1st of February with the exception of the 12 month Truemove H SIM available via Lazada for around 1800 baht

My by CAT has this available; http://www.mybycat.com/en/PrePay.php?package=92_แพ็กเกจเสริมเน็ตไม่จำกัด

DTAC has 90 day packs at 1 Mbps, 4 Mbps and 10 Mbps. 802.5, 1284 & 1926 baht respectively.

1 Mbps is for general browsing. 4 Mbps should be fine for standard to high definition video streaming. 8-10 Mbps should be ok for smooth Full HD playback.

Posted (edited)
On 2/12/2019 at 8:09 AM, George36 said:

I will be heading to Central Mall

look for a AIS "The One SIM". 50 baht. you can find them everywhere but if you go into a AIS store you can put some money "top up" into your account right there.  your phone number is good for one year.

then when you get your number log onto their web site or download app and choose plan.

then dial 1174 hit 2 for English and tell them you want all your text messages in English. They speak perfect English so it is easy.

http://www.ais.co.th/theonesim/?intcid=one2call-simcard-en-packsim-theonesim

Have fun on ThaiFriendly. Can you tell Pookie to call me when you are finished? Thanks. 

Edited by NCC1701A

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

look for a AIS "The One SIM". 50 baht. you can find them everywhere but if you go into a AIS store you can put some money "top up" into your account right there.  your phone number is good for one year.

then when you get your number log onto their web site or download app and choose plan.

then dial 1174 hit 2 for English and tell them you want all your text messages in English. They speak perfect English so it is easy.

http://www.ais.co.th/theonesim/?intcid=one2call-simcard-en-packsim-theonesim

Have fun on ThaiFriendly. Can you tell Pookie to call me when you are finished? Thanks. 

Why do you insist on making this kind of totally inaccurate post?

Weren't you claiming that it was "good for two years" earlier?

The One SIM comes with 5 baht of credit and 30 days validity.

Apart from that;

I will be attempting to use a VPN to stream Netflix, HBO Go, Amazon and You-tube and would also appreciate information about mobile power pack.

is about what the OP asked for advice. Not about what SIM to buy. But about which current package would suit his need.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:17 PM, George36 said:

Well, I am back to figuring out what to do for my next trip starting next week.  

KneeDeep, what is the best right now please?  Dtac?  Appreciate your thoughts and insights.  I am not very smart in this area.

I will be attempting to use a VPN to stream Netflix, HBO Go, Amazon and You-tube and would also appreciate information about mobile power pack.  I believe that I can rent one upon arrival in Thailand??

Thanks.

AIS and Truemove H have a couple of 4 Mbps(0.5 MB/s) promos for new SIMs(not Tourist SIM) this month.

Open a new Truemove H SIM and apply *900*9605# for 70 GB of 4 Mbps data for 200 baht. Includes free calls to all networks.

AIS has a similar deal. Activate a new SIM by 15/06/2019 and apply *777*919# for 70 GB of 4 Mbps data.

If happy with just 32 GB per month for 100 baht, dial *777*918#