British cabinet ministers believe PM May preparing to resign: The Sun

webfact

British cabinet ministers believe PM May preparing to resign: The Sun

2019-02-11T231327Z_1_LYNXNPEF1A1RO_RTROPTP_4_BRITAIN-EU-MAY-TUSK.JPG

FILE PHOTO: British Prime Minister Theresa May speaks to the press at the European Council headquarters in Brussels, Belgium February 7, 2019. REUTERS/Francois Lenoir

(Reuters) - Cabinet ministers now believe Theresa May is preparing to resign as British Prime Minister this summer so she can influence who succeeds her, The Sun newspaper reported https://bit.ly/2BwWkzr on Monday.

In January, British lawmakers rejected May’s original Brexit deal that set out the terms by which Britain would leave the European Union. They voted to demand May seek changes to the treaty. Britain is due to leave EU on March 29.

(Reporting by Gaurika Juneja; editing by Grant McCool)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-02-12

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

if there is an election she will have to go beforehand

what is the point of having another election, with the 2 party system in the UK, we would be at the same standstill with a slim majority in power, that's not mentioning Corbyn, May is the best of the bunch at the moment, none of them are equal to some leaders in the past.

what is the point of having another election, with the 2 party system in the UK, we would be at the same standstill with a slim majority in power, that's not mentioning Corbyn, May is the best of the bunch at the moment, none of them are equal to some leaders in the past.
no point really but Farage has launched a Brexit party, a lot of labour and conservatives who are remainers will lose their seats

It is common knowledge that she intended to stand down this year, most probably after Brexit, but she has been clutching at straws for weeks now on the hope of getting her deal through, it is not going to happen so yes, she will probably announce her departure before the end of the month, possibly even this week.

But then we still have a Brexit and March the 29th looming,,,

Yes, It is not just Italian Captains that abandon sinking ships,

3 minutes ago, Basil B said:

It is common knowledge that she intended to stand down this year, most probably after Brexit, but she has been clutching at straws for weeks now on the hope of getting her deal through, it is not going to happen so yes, she will probably announce her departure before the end of the month, possibly even this week.

But then we still have a Brexit and March the 29th looming,,,

Yes, It is not just Italian Captains that abandon sinking ships,

Agree but she won't resign until Brexit is concluded. March 30th?

I just hope something will happen soon ,sick to death of it all,honestly i believe if it was actually up to the leaders of each individual country we would get a half way decent brexit.unfortunatly it isnt its up to the unelected snout in trough Brussels mob led by Junker and they are terrified that if we get a good brexit the gravy train will come off the rails as the others will want out as well.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, Spidey said:

Agree but she won't resign until Brexit is concluded. March 30th?

"Concluded", there is no consensus on any way forward on Brexit,  the only thing that a majority of MP's can agree on is no hard Brexit, Brexit will be abandoned.

11 minutes ago, Basil B said:

"Concluded", there is no consensus on any way forward on Brexit,  the only thing that a majority of MP's can agree on is no hard Brexit, Brexit will be abandoned.

The majority of Brits now hope and pray for this.

2 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

I'm surprised she has not resigned before with all the pressure from the EU and British cabinet ministers lack of willingness to compromise.  Enough already!

What pressure from the EU???

The UK voted for Brexit, triggered article 50 without having a plan in place, and negotiates mostly with itself...

The EU was always quite clear and consistent. All the pressure on May is really of her own making.

Just now, steve187 said:

facts to back that up would be nice.

I wondered how long it would take a Brexiteer to bite. Like fishing in a carp pond. Just waiting for Loiner and Laughing Gravy to bite now, they're a bit slow today. Nauseous won't bite as he knows that I don't bite.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I wondered how long it would take a Brexiteer to bite. Like fishing in a carp pond. Just waiting for Loiner and Laughing Gravy to bite now, they're a bit slow today. Nauseous won't bite as he knows that I don't bite.

No but you do deflect a lot, as this post again proves. ????????????

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Nibble nibble. And spell my  name right.

53 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You've been watching me catch 49 ????

5 hours ago, steve187 said:

Such as David Cameron, Tony Blair and the ineffable Gordon Brown????

Archived