British cabinet ministers believe PM May preparing to resign: The Sun

webfact

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 hours ago, steve187 said:
what is the point of having another election, with the 2 party system in the UK, we would be at the same standstill with a slim majority in power, that's not mentioning Corbyn, May is the best of the bunch at the moment, none of them are equal to some leaders in the past.

no point really but Farage has launched a Brexit party, a lot of labour and conservatives who are remainers will lose their seats

Would you like to explain to us all how Farage, a largely forgotten dope, with a new version of the now largely forgotten UKIP, will take seats from sitting MP's who are supporters of Remain?

Think about all those areas, places where the majority wanted to remain. Do you think they will suddenly change their mind and support Brexit and one of the proven liars who did a runner when the shit hit the fan?

The chancer Farage is looking for an income stream now his EU gravy train is gonna dry up. 

Would you like to explain to us all how Farage, a largely forgotten dope, with a new version of the now largely forgotten UKIP, will take seats from sitting MP's who are supporters of Remain?

Think about all those areas, places where the majority wanted to remain. Do you think they will suddenly change their mind and support Brexit and one of the proven liars who did a runner when the shit hit the fan?

The chancer Farage is looking for an income stream now his EU gravy train is gonna dry up. 
The plan is to have a candidate for the Brexit party in constituencies where the MP isn't representing the majority of Brexit voters. People don't trust Labour or Conservatives to implement. Its a simple idea and will work

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
9 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The plan is to have a candidate for the Brexit party in constituencies where the MP isn't representing the majority of Brexit voters. People don't trust Labour or Conservatives to implement. Its a simple idea and will work

Yep Cameron called a referendum because he feared UKIP would take Conservative votes.

Come the next election, Brexit will be history. If we leave, why would anyone vote for a party whos only policy is to leave Europe? If we don't leave what would Brexiteers hope to achieve by electing Farage? Another referendum? One thing that Cameron did do for the country is to shoot Farage's bolt once and for all.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yep Cameron called a referendum because he feared UKIP would take Conservative votes.

Come the next election, Brexit will be history. If we leave, why would anyone vote for a party whos only policy is to leave Europe? If we don't leave what would Brexiteers hope to achieve by electing Farage? Another referendum? One thing that Cameron did do for the country is to shoot Farage's bolt once and for all.

Farage has stated he will only join the new brexit party if an extension comes into force, why would he join a brexit party if we have left the EU, he won't.

The party has been set up incase an election is called and Brexit isn't implemented. As simple as that

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The party has been set up incase an election is called and Brexit isn't implemented. As simple as that

And if Brexit isn't implemented, what does Farage intend to campaign for? Another referendum?

22 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No. He shot his own. Empty bag.

Well it's stating the obvious really.  After Brexit she will go and sooner rather than later.  Once this dire business is concluded (one way or another) all the usual cockroaches will be scurrying around and stabbing each other in the back like they always do.  None are worthy but we all know that.  The country desperately needs new blood in politics but I won't hold my breath!

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

I wondered how long it would take a Brexiteer to bite. Like fishing in a carp pond. Just waiting for Loiner and Laughing Gravy to bite now, they're a bit slow today. Nauseous won't bite as he knows that I don't bite.

so where are the facts, i hate it so when someone thinks they know what i am thinking.

1 hour ago, blazes said:

Such as David Cameron, Tony Blair and the ineffable Gordon Brown????

all idiots

5 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

I'm surprised she has not resigned before with all the pressure from the EU and British cabinet ministers lack of willingness to compromise.  Enough already!

With a very difficult job to do, with a lot of opposition from her own party, most of whom have offered nothing but non-constructive criticism, she has stuck with it and proved to be easily the best of a poor bunch.  I believe she will get an acceptable deal from the EU, of course at the eleventh hour.  The country will thank her but she should not expect any thanks from the non-loyal members of her own party.  Even so, I would not be at all surprised to see her lead the Tories into the next election and win, with Corbyn totally discredited over his stance on Brexit and his untimely and utterly selfish calls for a General Election.

11 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Do you think there is any chance of that now?  Staying in I mean. Genuine question

Probably not but who knows after all the palaver over 32 months. Any extension of A50 followed by a soft and soggy BRINO would probably have the same effect as staying in as far as leavers are concerned.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

And yet he was the main architect of ending his own lucrative income stream, which you now accuse him of trying to replace?

Many of the people who voted "leave" might well vote for Farage, including many who previously voted Labour, as a result of Corbyn's selfish and ambiguous antics over Brexit.  As a result, Farage could command quite a following, taking support from both parties, thereby possibly upsetting the current virtual two-party system and leaving the General Election result uncertain.

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Probably not but who knows after all the palaver over 32 months. Any extension of A50 followed by a soft and soggy BRINO would probably have the same effect as staying in as far as leavers are concerned.

A BRINO doesn't work for anyone, leavers or remainers.  May's deal doesn't work for anyone (although it's not bad for me, business wise).  I think everyone is battle weary now and every day people on both sides are saying "let's just get it over with".  It's like that trip to the dentist that we all put off.  We know it is going to hurt and we will leave with less teeth than we had when we arrived at the surgery but we are resigned to grin (although toothlessly) and bare it!

19 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

With a very difficult job to do, with a lot of opposition from her own party, most of whom have offered nothing but non-constructive criticism, she has stuck with it and proved to be easily the best of a poor bunch.  I believe she will get an acceptable deal from the EU, of course at the eleventh hour.  The country will thank her but she should not expect any thanks from the non-loyal members of her own party.  Even so, I would not be at all surprised to see her lead the Tories into the next election and win, with Corbyn totally discredited over his stance on Brexit and his untimely and utterly selfish calls for a General Election.

I think May does deserve some kudos for sheer bloody-mindedness.  She has said that she would not take the Conservatives into the next election, that was the deal to get MP's backing in the confidence vote.  She may get an acceptable deal (well sort of) if she makes more concessions but it will be a bad deal for Britain.  It has been said over and over again but she stupidly accepted the poisoned chalice that others shunned and has paid a massive price for it.

The British Wesminster System of government was long lauded as the best in the world.

Never has that system been so abused as by the incumbent and her cronies.

She should have resigned months ago. She was determined that her way was the only way.

Not one that the public wanted. It was always her way or the highway.

She will always be seen as Britains least effective PM and go down as a no body who talked far too much and acted far too little.

3 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

She was determined that her way was the only way.

There never was a "her way". The only way was the EU way or the highway. Do you think that she had any real input into the deal she put to parliament?

22 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I think May does deserve some kudos for sheer bloody-mindedness.

More likely she has a bloody backside. For the last 2 years, she's been taking it up the jacksy from the EU and her own party grandees. A trouper who has taken one many for the team.

I wondered how long it would take a Brexiteer to bite. Like fishing in a carp pond. Just waiting for Loiner and Laughing Gravy to bite now, they're a bit slow today. Nauseous won't bite as he knows that I don't bite.

TADA!!
Majority of Brits didn’t vote for that at referendum and don’t hope and pray for it now. Only the likes of you do.

IMG_0132.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

The British Wesminster System of government was long lauded as the best in the world.

Never has that system been so abused as by the incumbent and her cronies.

She should have resigned months ago. She was determined that her way was the only way.

She will always be seen as Britains least effective PM and go down as a no body who talked far too much and acted far too little.

The Know-Nothing Nobodies are largely on the Hard Brexit side.

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

There never was a "her way". The only way was the EU way or the highway. Do you think that she had any real input into the deal she put to parliament?

Yes, she had a very important input: her red lines. The EU drafted a compromise respecting those red lines but obviously that left very little room for any other outcome.

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You never listened to her many repetitive speeches in front of No 10 then.

Either she is a lackey or she is an egoist.

But the one true thing is that she could never listen or act in a way that the voting public wanted.

So more likely an egoist and then a lackey.

And she will only ever be remembered as a loser, a non dealer, a lackey to Europe.

If you think EU is confounded by Britain, you are correct. EU NEEDS Britain.  

Archived