British cabinet ministers believe PM May preparing to resign: The Sun

webfact

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

More likely she has a bloody backside. For the last 2 years, she's been taking it up the jacksy from the EU and her own party grandees. A trouper who has taken one many for the team.

I think she start finally start realizing she has to bake her own "cake to have &  eat it " :coffee1: 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Then why is she saying "this is the only deal on the table" and "it's my deal or no deal"? 

Apparently, there is no other deal agreed, which is probably the only truth about this topic. I'd  bet that "May's deal" was mainly composed by the EU, then to go back and forth between Downing St and Brussels before Merkel said it was OK in August.  

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

As the majority of MPs are closet remainers, what happens if we vote a remainer government in?

Candidate MPs in most areas outside London, at least in England, will need to make sure they are clear of the wardrobe, or they won't win a seat.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Candidate MPs in most areas outside London, at least in England, will need to make sure they are clear of the wardrobe, or they won't win a seat.

Whatever the outcome of Brexit, I think that the majority on both sides are sick up to the back teeth with it. Brexit will hardly be mentioned in the lead up. Except for Farage, of course, but he won't win a seat, as always.

I think you will find that all MP's will be giving a lot of mixed messages from now on so that after Brexit they can say "What I actually said was...…."  Their attention will be turning to the next general election where most of them will be spinning like tops to try to save their sorry <deleted>!.

50 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Then why is she saying "this is the only deal on the table" and "it's my deal or no deal"? 

That was before the deal was rejected spectacularly in the Commons. She knows her deal in it's current form will never get through Parliament. She's supposedly in further discussions with the EU and Ireland seeking changes. 

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

That was before the deal was rejected spectacularly in the Commons. She knows her deal in it's current form will never get through Parliament. She's supposedly in further discussions with the EU and Ireland seeking changes. 

When parliament sent Theresa May back to Brussels to renegotiate, “It’s a bit like the crew of the Titanic deciding, by majority vote, that the iceberg really must get out of the way.”  :biggrin:

17 minutes ago, david555 said:

When parliament sent Theresa May back to Brussels to renegotiate, “It’s a bit like the crew of the Titanic deciding, by majority vote, that the iceberg really must get out of the way.”  :biggrin:

I really don't see it that way david.

The EU negotiators are under extreme pressure from the many industries in Europe, that rely on the UK market. With about a week to go the penny will drop, in the EU, that the split is imminent. This is the last chance for anything other than a clean break for both sides in this game of political chicken.

Otherwise, we just leave, the UK happy and the EU miserable.

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The EU negotiators are under extreme pressure from the many industries in Europe, that rely on the UK market. With about a week to go the penny will drop, in the EU, that the split is imminent. This is the last chance for anything other than a clean break for both sides in this game of political chicken.

What you say is true for some member states. However, it doesn't apply to several others, particularly the Eastern European states. Any change to the deal needs to be ratified by all member states and several have made it clear that the deal is final and they won't ratify any changes.

12 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes , you lucky ones who does not face  pressure from your industries …..:tongue:

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

What you say is true for some member states. However, it doesn't apply to several others, particularly the Eastern European states. Any change to the deal needs to be ratified by all member states and several have made it clear that the deal is final and they won't ratify any changes.

I don't believe the deal is final. Although whatever changes the EU might come up with at the death might still not be enough to avoid a 'leave on WTO terms.

They (EU) are realising they have made a huge mistake and are shaking in their boots.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

And it's not just about doing business with the EU: British companies are also benefiting from free trade agreements that Brussels has concluded with countries like Japan and Canada. With an unregulated Brexit, this preferential treatment ends immediately. Goods to ship to Japan take six weeks. Freight going to Japan in the coming days will reach its destination only after the Brexit appointment. Japan will then levy duties depending on the outcome of May's scare game. Or not. That's insanity.

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

I do get your point but the only area she is "negotiating" is the backstop and the EU have said categorically that that matter will no be re-negotiated. Depends whether you prefer to believe a forever consistent EU or a  flip flopping Theresa May. 

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

There is one easy way to test that theory but the leavers are desperate to avoid that.  I wonder why? ????

Quite easy, if the electorate can't understand a simple leave or remain question (according to remainers) how in heavens hell are they going to understand Mrs Mays 585 page leave plan.????

16 minutes ago, pagan1 said:

Watching May's statement to Parliament at the moment, Credit to her for taking so many questions but it looks like the Tory MPs gave given up on her. Only about 20 MPs on the government bench to give her any support !!

I was watching that too.  Had to smile when Johnson congratulated her  ????.  She was still singing the same old song but nobody is listening anymore.  All the rhetoric sounds hollow and that really goes for everyone. 

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

I do get your point but the only area she is "negotiating" is the backstop and the EU have said categorically that that matter will no be re-negotiated. Depends whether you prefer to believe a forever consistent EU or a  flip flopping Theresa May. 

That's right. Well as a Brexiter I hope it's brinkmanship from the EU, and that in the end they'll agree to tweak the backstop arrangement sufficiently to get it through Parliament.

Any other outcome (no deal, remain, extension) is going to further split the country, or prolong the agony, or both! 

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Quite easy, if the electorate can't understand a simple leave or remain question (according to remainers) how in heavens hell are they going to understand Mrs Mays 585 page leave plan.????

Quite.  Come on Vogie you know I was only messing!  It would have been a simple leave or remain vote if they told people what leave (or remain) actually consisted of.  It was too much wanna-do and not enough can-do.  What we are left with now is cannot-do!

5 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I think May does deserve some kudos for sheer bloody-mindedness.  She has said that she would not take the Conservatives into the next election, that was the deal to get MP's backing in the confidence vote.  She may get an acceptable deal (well sort of) if she makes more concessions but it will be a bad deal for Britain.  It has been said over and over again but she stupidly accepted the poisoned chalice that others shunned and has paid a massive price for it.

I'll give her + for not giving in easily.

Fairly persistent, for whatever it is worth.

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

you claim that may-deal will never get through parliament - maybe so

similarily lots say, no-deal Brexit will never be approved by parliament - fine

then revoking A50 is the only option left - that is under control of UK politicians

--

otherwise

you wait for water turning into wine

EU opens deal for fixes to the backstop

or agreeing to prolong the A50 period should UK request that

6 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Such as David Cameron, Tony Blair and the ineffable Gordon Brown????

No Maggie,she was a real PM.

I was offering Cameron, Blair and Brown as examples of morons who took the UK into the morass it finds itself in today.

Shows the dangers of "humour" here on ThaiVisa.....

7 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

you claim that may-deal will never get through parliament - maybe so

similarily lots say, no-deal Brexit will never be approved by parliament - fine

then revoking A50 is the only option left - that is under control of UK politicians

--

otherwise

you wait for water turning into wine

EU opens deal for fixes to the backstop

or agreeing to prolong the A50 period should UK request that

but parliament doesn't have to approve no deal - it just happens in the absence of anything else 

Archived