BANGKOK 19 February 2019 02:14
webfact

British cabinet ministers believe PM May preparing to resign: The Sun

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

More likely she has a bloody backside. For the last 2 years, she's been taking it up the jacksy from the EU and her own party grandees. A trouper who has taken one many for the team.

I think she start finally start realizing she has to bake her own "cake to have &  eat it " :coffee1: 

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Shy remainers like you. Wot a larf.

Thanks Nauseous. I'd prepared that bait specially for you.

21 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Then why is she saying "this is the only deal on the table" and "it's my deal or no deal"? 

Apparently, there is no other deal agreed, which is probably the only truth about this topic. I'd  bet that "May's deal" was mainly composed by the EU, then to go back and forth between Downing St and Brussels before Merkel said it was OK in August.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Thanks Nauseous. I'd prepared that bait specially for you.

Well done there Spiney

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

As the majority of MPs are closet remainers, what happens if we vote a remainer government in?

Candidate MPs in most areas outside London, at least in England, will need to make sure they are clear of the wardrobe, or they won't win a seat.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Candidate MPs in most areas outside London, at least in England, will need to make sure they are clear of the wardrobe, or they won't win a seat.

Whatever the outcome of Brexit, I think that the majority on both sides are sick up to the back teeth with it. Brexit will hardly be mentioned in the lead up. Except for Farage, of course, but he won't win a seat, as always.

I think you will find that all MP's will be giving a lot of mixed messages from now on so that after Brexit they can say "What I actually said was...…."  Their attention will be turning to the next general election where most of them will be spinning like tops to try to save their sorry <deleted>!.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

No it won't.

You are right..it's dropped alarmingly today

50 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Then why is she saying "this is the only deal on the table" and "it's my deal or no deal"? 

That was before the deal was rejected spectacularly in the Commons. She knows her deal in it's current form will never get through Parliament. She's supposedly in further discussions with the EU and Ireland seeking changes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

That was before the deal was rejected spectacularly in the Commons. She knows her deal in it's current form will never get through Parliament. She's supposedly in further discussions with the EU and Ireland seeking changes. 

When parliament sent Theresa May back to Brussels to renegotiate, “It’s a bit like the crew of the Titanic deciding, by majority vote, that the iceberg really must get out of the way.”  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I really don't see it that way david.

The EU negotiators are under extreme pressure from the many industries in Europe, that rely on the UK market. With about a week to go the penny will drop, in the EU, that the split is imminent. This is the last chance for anything other than a clean break for both sides in this game of political chicken.

Otherwise, we just leave, the UK happy and the EU miserable.

What you say is true for some member states. However, it doesn't apply to several others, particularly the Eastern European states. Any change to the deal needs to be ratified by all member states and several have made it clear that the deal is final and they won't ratify any changes.

12 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I really don't see it that way david.

The EU negotiators are under extreme pressure from the many industries in Europe, that rely on the UK market. With about a week to go the penny will drop, in the EU, that the split is imminent. This is the last chance for anything other than a clean break for both sides in this game of political chicken.

Otherwise, we just leave, the UK happy and the EU miserable.

Yes , you lucky ones who does not face  pressure from your industries …..:tongue:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiPauly said:

You are right..it's dropped alarmingly today

So has the Euro. Dollar popped up against almost everything early on. Not "alarmingly", though.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1