Marriage extension and Work permit transfer to new passport

Need some advice as my passport expires Dec 1 2019 and my marriage extension expires feb 9 2020.

My work permit renews in May 2019

My passport has 2 stamps to leave Dec 1 2019 and Feb 9 2020

I am wondering if i get a new passport will i need all the paperwork similar to renewing my extension? 

Also whats involved with my work permit i assume its linked to my passport 

19 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

My passport has 2 stamps to leave Dec 1 2019 and Feb 9 2020

I think that means your last extension was only issued to the date your passport expires. You apparently had less than one year remaining on your passport when you applied for the current extension.

You will have to apply for a new extension of stay before December 1st of 2019 after you get your new passport. When you get the new passport immigration will transfer your stamps to the new one from the old and then you would have to apply for the new extension.

When you change passports you will need to have the info for your new one put on your work permit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 9:37 AM, ubonjoe said:

I think that means your last extension was only issued to the date your passport expires. You apparently had less than one year remaining on your passport when you applied for the current extension.

You will have to apply for a new extension of stay before December 1st of 2019 after you get your new passport. When you get the new passport immigration will transfer your stamps to the new one from the old and then you would have to apply for the new extension.

When you change passports you will need to have the info for your new one put on your work permit.

To be clear when if get a new passport next week immigration will transfer my marriage stamps? No need to renew my extension until Dec 1?

14 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

To be clear when if get a new passport next week immigration will transfer my marriage stamps? No need to renew my extension until Dec 1?

They will will transfer you extension stamp, most recent entry and do a stamp with spaces for income abou your old passport and the visa that allowed the entry you have been extending.

No need to apply for a new extension until December.

Edited by ubonjoe
corrected typo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

@ubonjoe will he automatically get the permission to stay to January? Payment required?