I was just thinking

When i went to do my last extension i noticed alot of people from Cambodia, Laos and the like doing there visa's.  How are these folks coming up with the 400,000 or the 800,000 baht.  You know they are not making any where close to that.  How are they getting visa's.  Are the required amounts just for Farangs?  Surely that would be seen as racist or at a minimum a big joke.  I have the required amounts, but these farm types lining up at immigration, i would like to know what they are doing to get there visa's. 

Also, i don't know many school teachers making 65K a month, i know a few that do, but most up here are in the 30K range.  How are they getting visa's? 

Just thinking out loud here. 

• Like 1

oh so they recognize you don't really need the 65K, if you are living here as a teacher.  I am only 47 no skin in this game.  But how does that even make since.  I don't believe this is thought through very well.  A teacher is fine on 30K a month, but a older farang, who lets say owns his own condo, a car and a bike still has to show 65K a month or 800,000 in a Thai bank?  Me thinks something is a foot here.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like I said i am thinking out loud here.  I have no skin in the game, so no need for me to go to immigration and ask.  I simply show the bank book. 

What hurdles are we talking about here.  The one, and only one that I know has to do just like I do.  They live down the road.  Can you tell me what the hurdles she misses out on.  I don't see any, we both do 90 day reports, we both have to get our visa's extended once a year. 

OK, guess treaties and all that would make since. Still though, if a farang needs at least 40K to be able to survive at a minimum for their own safety reasoning to cover the farang and family well......., guess they don't care if the Asean citizens starve? How many of them have health insurance, being inquiring today i guess.

You are confusing different reasons for an extension of stay to be issued. Every one of them have different requirements. 

For those based upon retirement and marriage they require financial proof to obtain them.

For those based upon working there are different salary requirement for them to be issued dependent upon the type of work being done and who there employer is.

Those from Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam get theirs based upon a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between Thailand and those countries as laborers.

• Like 1

Was just curious figured i would ask.  Monetarily this process makes no since to me, but i know where the airport is if it starts to effect me.   You can close the post now Joe, no need to make additional work for your self babysitting all day.  Off to make my biscuits and gravy.....