Legitimising child in absentia

Gonekicking

Has anyone ever managed to legitimise their child from their home country?

To make a long story short I am returning home soon with my eldest daughter with all of her documents in order. My girlfriend was supposed to be following with our youngest when her PR application is done. Now things are going down hill and she won't be coming to live with me after all. Our youngest daughter has nothing linking us legally as I am not able to stay here long enough to go through the court process (she is 3) on my annual visits. Even has wrong father name on birth certificate same as the first one did, despite my protests at the time. 

I could stick around a little longer but not much,  visa and finances will expire soon, work needs me back in march and must get oldest daughter into school... 

So as I see it my options are limited.

1. Try to get her a tourist visa to bring our daughter over in a few months and take care of the rest there, then let her return home on her own and resume her life she seems so keen to do. (Easiest option)

2.  Get my youngest a thai passport and get consent letter to take her with me now. Not sure I can get her permission to enter Canada on such short notice though. Need to talk to embassy to see if this could work i.e. emergency travel document/visa. (fastest option)

If neither of these options works I will need to go the long route of legitimising through the courts (3 months ++), applying for citizenship/passport (took about 2 months last time but could be up to 6 months) and then returning to get her. However once I am a single dad back home long trips to Thai will be pretty much impossible so...

Is there any precedent for letting a lawyer do the process by proxy? 

All of this supposes cooperation from the mother, if fecal matter really hits fan I will obviously need a new plan...

Thanks for any helpful advice

Archived