16 month old baby dies after being crushed by a bus in Rawai

webfact

16 month old baby dies after being crushed by a bus in Rawai

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

51716662_2450295128333618_47620355448069

A 16 month old girl has sustained serious injuries after being crushed by a bus in Rawai. She later died at hospital.

Rescue workers were notified about the incident at 6pm last night at Rawai beach.

Emergency responders arrived to find the bus. The injured girl, who had sustained injuries, had already been rushed to a Rawai Sub-district Health Promoting Hospital. She was later transferred to Chalong Hospital.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/16-month-old-baby-dies-after-being-crushed-by-a-bus-in-rawai

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-02-12

3 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

It's one of those cases where the mother was preoccupied. Daughter wandered out from the Shanties and onto the road. 

It was a sea gypsy child so it's common to see them wandering around unaccompanied. 

Yes, true.

On the flip side, it is also very common to see big buses and all other vehicles speeding there.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

How was she crushed?

Errrr by a bus....sorry vacuum but I couldn't resist that one.the real question is how the hell was she able to be left unattended.i see kids in my village of maybe 3-4 yrs old running loose but a 16 month old is neglect in my eyes.

7 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Errrr by a bus....sorry vacuum but I couldn't resist that one.the real question is how the hell was she able to be left unattended.i see kids in my village of maybe 3-4 yrs old running loose but a 16 month old is neglect in my eyes.

Yes I understand that she was crushed by a bus. But I wonder where? Was the kid alone on on the road, was she crawling behind the bus on a parking place etc?

41 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Yes I understand that she was crushed by a bus. But I wonder where? Was the kid alone on on the road, was she crawling behind the bus on a parking place etc?

Outside the sea gypsy village. They only have to step out the front door and they are on the road. Kids from the sea gyspy village roam solo. It's common. They beg for money or help people park and ask for money. 

54 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Sea gypsies are gypsies. Their way of life is very different to village kids. 

They roam that area unattended at all hours. Had some come in last night at baan Rimlay restaurant trying to sell flowers. She would have been 3 years old and it was 9.30pm. 

8 hours ago, hansgruber said:

It's one of those cases where the mother was preoccupied. Daughter wandered out from the Shanties and onto the road. 

It was a sea gypsy child so it's common to see them wandering around unaccompanied. 

Yes it's a good reason for the bus driver to crush her.

10 hours ago, Borzandy said:

Yes it's a good reason for the bus driver to crush her.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you imply the bus driver did it on purpose? 

If you knew the area, the sea gypsy village is right up against the road, no footpath. The children wander that area begging, playing around the street and fish market unaccompanied. 

It's a busy tourist area and no place for kids in rags to be running around. 

Place blame on the parents, not the driver. 

Archived