BANGKOK 22 February 2019 01:30
webfact

169 million plastic bags unused at 7-Eleven stores in two months

Inflammatory baiting posts and the replies have been removed. 

Off topic posts and the replies have been removed. 

On 2/12/2019 at 10:50 AM, djayz said:

I can only say that most of those bags were not used because customers told staff not to put their groceries into a bag. It most certainly wasn't staff who asked their customers if they wanted a bag or not. 

Bought a banana yesterday, which is already in a bag!, for my son. The cashier girl then put that in yet another plastic bag.... 🤤 One banana, 2 plastic bags... go figure.

There's still a long way to go before they make any real progress, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Exactly !

In particular at 7/11 on Hang Dong Road adjacent to Koolpunt Five.

Not only are the staff incapable/ un-interested in asking about the use of Plastic Bags, you can’t even get a GRUNT out of them.

They're all too busy chattering and laughing amongst themselves to even thank Customers at the conclusion of their transaction.

Seems RUDENESS is a prerequisite for anyone seeking a job at that particular 7/11 store.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2019 at 5:39 PM, Sumarianson said:

They still automatically put plastic spoon and fork in the bag when you get a ready meal heated, even though I don't want them or use them. They never ask, same with straws. I get milk for tea, not to drink through a straw. 

They still waste and staff are not trained to ask. If they ask you every time if you require a bag, it might remind some to carry one and ask if the customer wants any kind of plastic. Including covers for drinks.

i get straws even on a two litre  bottle  of  milk?????

Edited by kannot

1 hour ago, Torrens54 said:

Exactly !

In particular at 7/11 on Hang Dong Road adjacent to Koolpunt Five.

Not only are the staff incapable/ un-interested in asking about the use of Plastic Bags, you can’t even get a GRUNT out of them.

They're all too busy chattering and laughing amongst themselves to even thank Customers at the conclusion of their transaction.

Seems RUDENESS is a prerequisite for anyone seeking a job at that particular 7/11 store.

they ALL need a  good  kick up the arse, same round here sometimes they dont even  look at you so I hold  out the change out of their reach and dont look at them see how they like it, not that they even care. 

They have an attention span of a 2  year old, any minor distraction and they are gone, laughing at someone elses comment 20 feet away whilst  adding their  own inane drivel to whatever crap was being said sometimes in that horrible screechy overbearingly  loud Thai way

• Thanks 1

Well done 7-11. My Tesco Lotus in Ao Nang continue to hand out the bags on a Thursday and just smile when you ask about it!