Police Clearance Certificate

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

i think in thai. Its RTP... but you are going to need it in thai anyway. So actually its better than your embassy doing it. BUT takes...timeeee

The ones I got for work here were in Thai, but I need one for my new work abroad. (Yep, I've had enough and I'm checking out - but that's a story for another day.) I've seen pics online of Thai police reports in English for Thai citizens moving abroad but wasn't sure if they were fake or "specially ordered" etc. 

i got reports in english for myself and thai girlfriend for work abroad.  both were in english.  if you go in person, you are expected to provide a letter from your employer requesting the report.  the report will be addressed to the authorities of the country of employment only.  then had to have them legalized at CW, then authenticated at the embassy. 

the report costs 100 baht and will take about 6 weeks.  there is a link on the rtp page for express service, maybe it was 3000+ baht?  not sure.

when i went in to apply, the nice lady said i could have it in a week for 2500.  before that, a nice gentleman at a local police station told me he had a friend at the report office who could get it in a week for 1500.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

if you go in person, you are expected to provide a letter from your employer requesting the report.

By "employer" do you mean current employer in Thailand or your new employer abroad?

39 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

employer abroad if the report will be sent abroad for the application package.  that would indicate which country RTP needs to add the notation "FOR THE AUTHORITIES OF xxxxxx ONLY"

Thanks! I just got off the phone with special branch and they said the same thing. Way easier to get done than some things in this country.