BANGKOK 19 February 2019 01:27
webfact

Thailand’s property market surges with Chinese confidence remaining high

3 hours ago, seajae said:

does this mean chinese are allowed to buy land/houses(pic is definitely not a condo) and not just condo's or is it condo's only?

There are 4 Chinese families who bought their own houses near us, they have their ways!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

The figures are from a Chinese website.

Glut my backside. I live in Asoke lower Sukhumvit and the buildings going up emoji115.png by many multiples in price what I paid 14 years ago off the plan and rent is phenomenal so it will never be sold.

The Q condo connected to Nana bts a red light district are selling from 1 to 5 million USA DOLLARS! With the 1 million sold out

I'm guessing you are in a village or Chang Mai. That's your problem because it's all about location location location!!!

Completely correct. Location, location, location. Funny thing about Q is that they promote it as being linked to Nana BTS, but anyone with that sort of money doesn't travel on the BTS. Maybe for renters I guess.

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

I thought the Chinese were not allowed to bring their money overseas? And also that in Thailand foreigners were not allowed to buy real estate except condo's???

Revealed: the sneaky ways Chinese are moving money across the ...

I'm afraid you'll have to research for yourself the "sneaky ways/Thailand/property" end of the story.

How many Chinese buying homes in Thailand does it take for Thailand to be titles as a Chinese state and fly the Chinese flag?

3 hours ago, Rod the Sod said:

Completely correct. Location, location, location. Funny thing about Q is that they promote it as being linked to Nana BTS, but anyone with that sort of money doesn't travel on the BTS. Maybe for renters I guess.

The guys I worked with had that kind of money and more.  But we all hated to drive in BKK unless it was absolutely necessary.  Many of them even had drivers and cars assigned to them, but still preferred mass transit over getting out in traffic.  Brits, mostly.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Please link your claim of illegal hotels or stop posting rumors. 

Any building or condo renting by the day without a hotel license which is impossible to get is illegal 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

That's non sense, they can send money to HK and from there to Thailand. Also they can ask family members to send on their behalve, each year 50k usd each... Thats why they buy mostly low end stuff tho. 

Also u can have the right to use land as a foreigner and "own" your  house... (usufruct, suoerficies etc). 

They don't buy low end property in Australia I can assure you.

4 hours ago, chama said:

How many Chinese buying homes in Thailand does it take for Thailand to be titles as a Chinese state and fly the Chinese flag?

Probably a similar amount to the followers of Islam in the UK would be my guess.

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

They don't buy low end property in Australia I can assure you.

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Probably a similar amount to the followers of Islam in the UK would be my guess.

Don't guess. No guideline at all.

6 hours ago, chama said:

The Thai property market is rather a large one. We'll keep you posted.

21 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

<deleted>,I'll take 4 million for my house ive paid 8 million to build.

If you are in the wrong location, so sorry.......

13 hours ago, fruitman said:

I thought the Chinese were not allowed to bring their money overseas? And also that in Thailand foreigners were not allowed to buy real estate except condo's???

They are not, but ways are found and a premium is paid. The same rules re property ownership apply. Some will swim and some will sink.

13 hours ago, bojo said:

I get why property in general might surge in price due to general demand. Good ole fashioned economics.

But personally, the value decreases if there are tour loads of Chinese buying in my hood. Not my cup of tea as neighbours, but that's just me being tribal....

If demand goes up then prices go up. If you are unhappy with developments then a good opportunity to sell.

17 hours ago, DrTuner said:

More illegal hotels coming right up. Nothing perks up the neighbourhood like Chinese tour buses offloading next door.

yes the BK post ran an article saying that there may be huge money laundering by Chinese drug lords in the property market in LOS.

The huge condo development on the left heading from Cha Am to Hua Hin remains empty for quite some time now.

Given that P or meth/ice is on the rise worldwide and that 65% of prisoners in NZ are there from P convictions it is a epidemic in NZ/ Australia and Europe.

The main suppliers of the base ingredients are the Chinese.

These drug lords have plenty to launder and spend.

They also have lots of cousins in LOS>

Edited by kiwikeith
  • Like 1