BANGKOK 19 February 2019 10:46
Mamasun

Cost ...of lap pool of 8 x 2,5 x 1,2

Hi,

Since 2 weeks i search internet...and phone many companies...to get a good price for a fiber pool...of 8 x 2, 2 x 1,2 BUT every quotation seems so high

Did one of you can tell me what price you pay for your pool ? skimmer....nothing fancy...only to swim

Thanks

Most thais not want pool so YOU pay top baht. Not many have a pool the size you want so cant say. And they not want to loose face when some muppet WILL say they paid too much

First advice... Dont go for the lowest quote !! I have lived in 5 houses with pools here.. 3 of them were cracked, the 4th was a idiotic design making pool pumps work crazy hard using loads of power.. 

I always sniffed at the fiber pre made pools.. I always looked at them as 'cheapo' pools and sub par, plus I prefer the infinity edge over flow pools. But the house I am in now has one, and I have to say its great. It stays in balance really easy (its been converted back to chlor as the cheapo chinese salt system installed failed), its easy to clean, it doesnt use hardly any electric, its just easy all round. 

Its changed my mind on these fully.. If you just want to enjoy a pool, rather than it be huge or part of the house design, I think its a super easy option. 

I had a 11 x 4 pool built about 2 years ago. It uses copper ionisation to keep water clear and bacteria free. Read about process at https://www.clearwaterpoolsystems.com/what-is-copper-ionization/

The project included the pump house, sand filter and computer controller, surrounding walkways, fencing etc.

It cost me about 1.2 million baht.

9287094949710.jpg

4 minutes ago, Spike1938 said:

It uses copper ionisation

Sounds like the old idea of running a piece of copper wire across the top of a roof to prevent moss.

1 hour ago, Spike1938 said:

I had a 11 x 4 pool built about 2 years ago. It uses copper ionisation to keep water clear and bacteria free. Read about process at https://www.clearwaterpoolsystems.com/what-is-copper-ionization/

The project included the pump house, sand filter and computer controller, surrounding walkways, fencing etc.

It cost me about 1.2 million baht.

9287094949710.jpg

Gee....that would triple the value of our place!!!!! Is the beached whale included in the price - or an optional extra.......555 just joking old mate. Looks very nice (the pool that is 5555)

The fence is a good idea too. I don't know what I'd do if one day I looked out and saw a young child's body in there which could happen (and does in other countries) easily.

Edited by emptypockets

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Sounds like the old idea of running a piece of copper wire across the top of a roof to prevent moss.

Read the link....absolute BS IMHO

• Like 1

12 hours ago, helloagain said:

Most thais not want pool so YOU pay top baht. Not many have a pool the size you want so cant say. And they not want to loose face when some muppet WILL say they paid too much

Such a helpful post.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:22 AM, LivinLOS said:

First advice... Dont go for the lowest quote !! I have lived in 5 houses with pools here.. 3 of them were cracked, the 4th was a idiotic design making pool pumps work crazy hard using loads of power.. 

I always sniffed at the fiber pre made pools.. I always looked at them as 'cheapo' pools and sub par, plus I prefer the infinity edge over flow pools. But the house I am in now has one, and I have to say its great. It stays in balance really easy (its been converted back to chlor as the cheapo chinese salt system installed failed), its easy to clean, it doesnt use hardly any electric, its just easy all round. 

Its changed my mind on these fully.. If you just want to enjoy a pool, rather than it be huge or part of the house design, I think its a super easy option. 

www.facebook.com/poolworldthailand.co.th

Just popped up on my FB feed.. 

On 2/17/2019 at 11:29 AM, LivinLOS said:

www.facebook.com/poolworldthailand.co.th

Just popped up on my FB feed.. 

Be wary be very wary!!!