Cost ...of lap pool of 8 x 2,5 x 1,2

Mamasun

Hi,

Since 2 weeks i search internet...and phone many companies...to get a good price for a fiber pool...of 8 x 2, 2 x 1,2 BUT every quotation seems so high

Did one of you can tell me what price you pay for your pool ? skimmer....nothing fancy...only to swim

Thanks

First advice... Dont go for the lowest quote !! I have lived in 5 houses with pools here.. 3 of them were cracked, the 4th was a idiotic design making pool pumps work crazy hard using loads of power.. 

I always sniffed at the fiber pre made pools.. I always looked at them as 'cheapo' pools and sub par, plus I prefer the infinity edge over flow pools. But the house I am in now has one, and I have to say its great. It stays in balance really easy (its been converted back to chlor as the cheapo chinese salt system installed failed), its easy to clean, it doesnt use hardly any electric, its just easy all round. 

Its changed my mind on these fully.. If you just want to enjoy a pool, rather than it be huge or part of the house design, I think its a super easy option. 

1 hour ago, Spike1938 said:

I had a 11 x 4 pool built about 2 years ago. It uses copper ionisation to keep water clear and bacteria free. Read about process at https://www.clearwaterpoolsystems.com/what-is-copper-ionization/

The project included the pump house, sand filter and computer controller, surrounding walkways, fencing etc.

It cost me about 1.2 million baht.

9287094949710.jpg

Gee....that would triple the value of our place!!!!! Is the beached whale included in the price - or an optional extra.......555 just joking old mate. Looks very nice (the pool that is 5555)

The fence is a good idea too. I don't know what I'd do if one day I looked out and saw a young child's body in there which could happen (and does in other countries) easily.

12 hours ago, helloagain said:

Most thais not want pool so YOU pay top baht. Not many have a pool the size you want so cant say. And they not want to loose face when some muppet WILL say they paid too much

Such a helpful post.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:22 AM, LivinLOS said:

First advice... Dont go for the lowest quote !! I have lived in 5 houses with pools here.. 3 of them were cracked, the 4th was a idiotic design making pool pumps work crazy hard using loads of power.. 

I always sniffed at the fiber pre made pools.. I always looked at them as 'cheapo' pools and sub par, plus I prefer the infinity edge over flow pools. But the house I am in now has one, and I have to say its great. It stays in balance really easy (its been converted back to chlor as the cheapo chinese salt system installed failed), its easy to clean, it doesnt use hardly any electric, its just easy all round. 

Its changed my mind on these fully.. If you just want to enjoy a pool, rather than it be huge or part of the house design, I think its a super easy option. 

www.facebook.com/poolworldthailand.co.th

Just popped up on my FB feed.. 

3 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

experience or ?? 

The good part about in ground fiber is they are a lot less easy to mess up.. 

A lot more experience than 90 + % on this forum!!

Just ask if they have a main drain. Don't want to elaborate any further here due to Thai laws.

Check where the pump is from (Which local shop 5555) & what size PVC piping for the hydraulics!!.

Then do some research and you will find out why so cheap!!

I hope a lot of people read this!!!!!!!!!!

You get what you pay for!!

Cheers

17 hours ago, Mamasun said:

I still don't know ...builders here are very expensives...and fiber is out of my budget...cannot put 500000 or 600000 for such a small pool (20 m2) !!!

if fiber is out of your budget then constructed pools are very much out of it.. 

A pool is not just a cheap hole in the ground. 

You can get one fo those vinyl type things for 100 maybe 150k.. if it will last a couple of years is anyones guess.. 

19 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

if fiber is out of your budget then constructed pools are very much out of it.. 

A pool is not just a cheap hole in the ground. 

You can get one fo those vinyl type things for 100 maybe 150k.. if it will last a couple of years is anyones guess.. 

Its help me a lot thanks.....

a couple years ago I saw somewhere that we must pay around 10000 Bahts by m2 !!! i suppose than now in 2019 paying 20000 Bahts by m2..is not dreaming !!!

I have calculated the cost of material , excavation ,form rented , cpac 240 " ..block...tiles (45000  : very beautiful tiles at 800 bahts m2) + pump sk immer return ect ect : I come at 150000 bahts !!!

I think work will be on (without 30 days concrete cure) around 45 days !!!

5 mens by days : 5 x 600 bahts x 45 days = 135000 bahts !!! 

contractor if any : 2000 bahts by days = 90000 bahts !!!

total : 150000 + 90000 + 135000 = 375000 Bahts

even if i keep 50 000 for surprise things not plan !!!

It is well under th price of fiber !!! do I am dreaming ? and where ?

ps : for a pool : 8 x 3 x 1,20 m

18 hours ago, Mamasun said:

a couple years ago I saw somewhere that we must pay around 10000 Bahts by m2 !!! i suppose than now in 2019 paying 20000 Bahts by m2..is not dreaming !!!

I have calculated the cost of material , excavation ,form rented , cpac 240 " ..block...tiles (45000  : very beautiful tiles at 800 bahts m2) + pump sk immer return ect ect : I come at 150000 bahts !!!

If you use a reputable company that pays VAT, social security on workers, has overheads and the costs that come with all this then you are  miles away from a real cost being around 600,000. for you dimension. That would be a company nearby that doesn't add travel & accom to the cost! 15 K to 18 K per sq/m is more realistic. 

If you want to use local builders & take the chance - "Best of Luck"

I have made a living off fixing pools in Thailand that have been shoddy built!! 

23 hours ago, Mamasun said:

How much of your budget is steel.. will those local workers know how to effectively tie it ?? 

11 hours ago, Bagwain said:

If you use a reputable company that pays VAT, social security on workers, has overheads and the costs that come with all this then you are  miles away from a real cost being around 600,000. for you dimension. That would be a company nearby that doesn't add travel & accom to the cost! 15 K to 18 K per sq/m is more realistic. 

If you want to use local builders & take the chance - "Best of Luck"

I have made a living off fixing pools in Thailand that have been shoddy built!! 

If i follow you...24 m2 x 18000 B= 432000 B

13 hours ago, Mamasun said:

If i follow you...24 m2 x 18000 B= 432000 B

More like 50 sq/m

2 x (8 x 1.2) = 19.2 sq/m

2 x (3 x 1.2) = 7.2 sq/m

1 x (8 x 3) = 24 sq/m

Total = 50.4 sq/m

Maybe this is where you re going wrong??? 

Archived