BANGKOK 21 February 2019 20:26
webfact

Thailand is still among the most affordable destinations for expat retirees

Yes no problem just leave 800,000 baht in your bank account 3 months before extending retirement visa and then 3 months after great system??? Not

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't understand all these conflicting marketing reports...some say BKK is most expensive just under Singapore (which I seriously doubt) and others like this say it's the cheapest top 5 blah blah.

Then you have all these jaded long-term stayers (farangs) threatening to leave BKK for greener pasture in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, etc.  

Edited by bkk75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

No need to say it's the result of a survey made in USA. :wink: 

The result would be very different with a survey made in Europe...

If Sweedish and English chaps was doing the survey, it would have been ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,drumrolll,,,,,,,,,, guess who? 

Cambodia 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

It helps a lot if you don't smoke drink wine fall foul of the daily crackdown and the ensuing ridiculous fines.  but the first class healthcare must be a typo being gassed in the PM 2.5 smog haze should be the correction otherwise welcome if you can afford it 🤔 

This is cheep wine at the moment. 

E5B38B59-5188-4C55-B782-2F4AE2BDE665.jpeg

1 minute ago, Brickbat said:

I love it. But sad to see a few pals forced to leave with the new Immi rules. Compulsory health insurance will be another nail in the coffin for many. Enjoy . There’s no tomorrow.

Compulsory health insurance will be the death nail for many retirees, myself included. Millions of baht worth of assets will be on fire sale. Anyone interested? Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

No doubt this report was completed before the Immigration Burea decided to introduce financial penalties in order to obtain the retirement visa .

I looked up the link and the article containing the report was dated 1st January, so you're right.

It's as though someone, somewhere has dug up this article as a counter to the cost of living in SEA report published yesterday. A bit like the kindly taxi driver stories appearing shortly after the accident and scam articles!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1