1. Panama

The 5 Most Affordable Retirement Havens of 2019

- (tie) 4. Bolivia

- (tie) 4. Peru

3. Thailand

2. Vietnam

1. Cambodia

*source: Internationalliving.com

So Peru and Thailand are the only two countries that make BOTH the Best and Most Affordable retirement lists above....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Those are less than 140thb a bottle in Aus. 

😁

I would say around 3-5 euro in Spain 😂

max 200 baht. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yeah mate, Mexico is for sure a safer country for us... We'll go there instead... 😒

Depends on where you go to in Mexico. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The 5 Most Affordable Retirement Havens of 2019

- (tie) 4. Bolivia

- (tie) 4. Peru

3. Thailand

2. Vietnam

1. Cambodia

TAT are already working on a face lift to get back on the top ,  will be published next week.

Thailand brings you more luck. 

32-millionth-for-2016-arrives.jpg?zoom=1

Edited by balo

2 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Surely a deposit of 500k in Thai bank and a show of the UK pension on of 30k should be sufficient.

It is.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zydeco said:

It is.

Sorry look at the new rules, it is not.  Immigration want money transferred at source direct to a Thai bank,    so I give up my UK bank account because I have no monthly income by direct debit.

Edited by ginjag

6 minutes ago, zydeco said:

It is.

You have also cropped my post to suit your post.

1 hour ago, realenglish1 said:

Actually I have lived in Panama and it is a really nice country Very friendly do expats and very very easy to live there and work there No 90 day reporting or other ridiculous  requirement  Good infrastructure and hospitals as well What Thailand does not understand is they must compete with the rest of the world for expats money or there will be a breaking point for people will not come anymore

What thailand has going for it other than food and lodging over other countries are the easy ladies...once that well dries up, thailand will seem much less attractive as a retirement home for retirees.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Figures might be a bit different if they factored in how dangerous moving around in the country is. And that world class health care they talk about, most definitely is not at all cheap.

Yes, the survey should have taken into consideration the fact that the majority don't afford a health insurance and compared the hospitalization costs without ....

Edited by ttrd

I am very comfortable here, and live much better than I could in Australia. If there is one thing I could change here, it would be modernisation of Thailand's visa system so I did not need the services of an agent. The paperwork in this age of computers is excruciating. As is a visit to CM immigration.

• Like 2

Interesting, there's ANOTHER thread here in the forum focusing solely on Cambodia...

And in that Khmer Times article, there's a Cambodia visa reference I don't think I've ever heard of before....

In 2016, the government released a three-year multiple-entry visa targeting retirees and other long-stay travellers and investors.

I'm no Cambodia expert. But as best as I've generally been able to follow, about the best an retired expat could do there is paying brokers for an annual "business" visa....

Any notion of Cambodia having an actual 3-year visa targeting retirees is nothing I've ever heard before.