BANGKOK 19 February 2019 01:03
webfact

Thailand is still among the most affordable destinations for expat retirees

Ah nothing like a good cost of livin article to get all the cry babies out enforce, I love it my nightly entertainment

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So Peru and Thailand are the only two countries that make BOTH the Best and Most Affordable retirement lists above....

Lets have the most hassle free countries. I would bet that Thailand  will be at or very near the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Ah nothing like a good cost of livin article to get all the cry babies out enforce, I love it my nightly entertainment

Better  than thai moves ,  sure . 555

Hmmm, funny how just yesterday there was an article in ThaiVisa stating that Bangkok, Phuket, Chang Mai, and Pattaya were among the most expensive cities to live in ASEAN, with Bangkok 2nd behind Singapore and Phuket (4th), Pattaya (6th) and Chiang Mai (8th). Maybe two different journalists with different parameters. I guess if you live like a Thai person would it can be a cheap place to live.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, moe666 said:

your nightly entertainment is definitely cheaper than some others 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

I'm just here to read the angry comments from the retirees who also can't afford to retire in their own country but feel they have a god-given right to retire cheaply in Thailand and will complain like there's no tomorrow if they have to pay more than they did 10 years ago for something. Sammy you smart mouth know it all my self and most of the Farang I know live here because it is a very nice place to retire and the people are great. For your information Have more money than I could ever spend in any country. 

P.s. I've heard the Philippines is nice this time of year... 

If the Philippines is nice then why don't you take your ugly remarks and do us all a favor and move there. I live here because the Thai people and Thailand is a better and safer place to live than California USA. 

• Confused 1

I'm just here to read the angry comments from the retirees who also can't afford to retire in their own country but feel they have a god-given right to retire cheaply in Thailand and will complain like there's no tomorrow if they have to pay more than they did 10 years ago for something. 

Your smugness is staggering.

I'm just here to read the angry comments from the retirees who also can't afford to retire in their own country but feel they have a god-given right to retire cheaply in Thailand and will complain like there's no tomorrow if they have to pay more than they did 10 years ago for something. 

Like them, you have a rich and full life.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Knew when I read the title of this thread that the "wallies" would be out in force. If the mods could just get rid of half a dozen or so idiots, TVF would be an excellent forum. As it is you have to sift through all the smug comments before getting to the meat.

4 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

You can call it home but it never will be a permanent home when you are on a Non-Immigrant visa.

Clue is in the name and plan accordingly for sudden changes in requirements to continue living here.

You are only here for as long as your current visa allows and in certain cases not even as long as that!

In real terms there  have  been minor changes  and a tightening up on long existing requirements.

That it is about to cause issues  for the small percentage that have relied on circumnavigating the requirements may deserve some sympathy but  should come to realize they have no honest justification for complaint.

As the saying goes " You  can't  keep  your cake and  eat it  too. "

Everyone  who  applies  for an annual  extension is ,or should  be > aware that it is just that.....an Extension of Stay.  Legitimately comply  with the requirements and no problem.

I renewed my extension based on retirement today. Over and  done in 35 minutes  including a re-entry permit. Despite  signs  saying  "photo copying will no longer  be done here" dated  sometime in January they did  some  with no  comment or suggestion of paying for. No reference  to  any changes  or  upcoming changes was  made and the  atmosphere  was  very friendly.

The only unusual thing  was that  I was one of only  two customers in the time it  took instead of the  usual 20 +.

So as  far as I am  concerned and I am sure  for the majority who do things by the numbers it  is  life as usual.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Lets have the most hassle free countries. I would bet that Thailand  will be at or very near the bottom.

https://wikitravel.org/en/Retiring_abroad

Doesn't seem so.

Can't even imagine how a Thai person would retire in Germany, but it must be extremely expensive if even possible (a la buying a passport in malta for a million usd).