BTS Times/ Cheap Charlie Airport Transit

PhuketAmerican

I have a 5AM flight from Bangkok DMK airport to my home city (domestic in Thailand).  Staying in near Asok BTS.  Does the train open early enough for me to take it to some bus thats going to the airport arriving by 4am?  I hate paying those expensive double tolls in taxis at the 330-4am hour.

Any BKK folks knowledgable let me know please.

Some BMTA routes run 24 hours, including I think the No. 29, which goes past DMK. A year or two back, being a dedicated CC, I researched this and did exactly what you propose, but from further out, beyond Onnut. The No. 2 runs all night along Sukhumvit, so you can catch that and alight on Petchaburi, at the nearest stop to Ratchathewi, then walk around the corner and catch the 29. But be warned, buses are very infrequent at night, so allow plenty of time, and they are all non-aircon at that time of night, as far as I know, so struggling with luggage may be sweaty work.

Once was enough for me, but it was an interesting experiment. I caught my flight nicely.

1 hour ago, mikecha said:

take cheap room 1 night 5 minuits from dong mung   easy

That's what I do now,when returning to the UK,from 'Swampy',after the last time with the late pick up,having to give them a call,to remind them they had forgotten to pick me up,and then filling up, for thirty minutes plus,with gas,I don't believe in wasting money,but,the luxury of having a shower,and being taken to the airport five minutes away,taxi in with the hotel price,for me,well worth the extra cash,less than a cheap night out,the perfect start to the long haul trip.

Flight from DMK (Don Meung) so I presume you mean the normal train that comes from Hua Lampong and stops at Don Meung station, right? That's the only "train" and it's a true train that goes there. Not sure of the timing as trains go all hours of the day and night but best would be to call the train hotline number and ask: http://www.railway.co.th/main/index_en.html. You just need to get to the train station from Asoke.

Don't know why other posters are saying there's no trains at those hours. Some people have no idea and they post nonsense things like that.

7 hours ago, yogavnture said:

soon thier will be a bts to don mueng.  when will the thais get smart and have paid porters that help people with baggage onto the airport trains.  i would take it if i had help.

Geez, what do you think a Thai gf is for?

I never have to carry a bag or luggage.

14 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Flight from DMK (Don Meung) so I presume you mean the normal train that comes from Hua Lampong and stops at Don Meung station, right? That's the only "train" and it's a true train that goes there. Not sure of the timing as trains go all hours of the day and night but best would be to call the train hotline number and ask: http://www.railway.co.th/main/index_en.html. You just need to get to the train station from Asoke.

Don't know why other posters are saying there's no trains at those hours. Some people have no idea and they post nonsense things like that.

Oh yeah, total nonsense advice from everyone.

He is in Asoke and he was asking if there are any trains from there that take him somewhere he can get a bus from to the airport to avoid paying tolls.  It is obvious he was referring to BTS/MRT/ARL.  And as we all said they don't run at that time and a taxi would be easy and cheap - no need for the tollway.  In fact no trains at all run at that time, no electric trains, no "true" trains.  So our advice was correct.

But then Mr Smug trots along and denigrates everyone who offered advice.  So let's look at your advice as you know what you're talking about and you don't post nonsense.  So how do you suggest he get from Asoke to a train station to catch one of these imaginary all night trains to the airport?  Take a taxi to Hua Lamphong?  How much will that cost?  The first train leaves Hua Lamphong at 4.20am and arrives at DMK station at 4.59am, one minute before his plane is airborne  - and luckily these "true" trains are always super punctual.  So, if I'm not wrong (but I only post nonsense so I'm probably incorrect), your advice means he takes a taxi in the wrong direction (remember he wanted to avoid cost) then catches a train that takes 40 minutes to trundle to an airport and arrives after his plane has already left.  So, a journey of more than an hour, significant cost, inconvenience and smelliness, and he misses his flight.  Or he could just get a taxi, as suggested, take the non toll route, not waste money, have an easy and quick journey and not miss his flight.

Oh, but maybe you meant he could get the last train at night, around 11pm, do the same inconvenient journey, and spend 5 hours sitting on his arse at DMK?  Would love you to explain what other imaginary train he could take, how we are all posting nonsense, and enlighten us.

Can't stand people who insult others and post utterly incorrect advice which could potentially ruin someone's day.

Run along genius and play somewhere else.

there are NOT many SRT normal trains stopping at airpt/DMK FROM BKK at night-there should be an early one around 3.00 or so. Coming the to the way-from upcountry-there are more. Hualampong is not that nice nighttime.

IF you really mean bekpek-style cheap: take last BTS or better MRT to Mochit, just after 24.01, then A1 new blue special express-or the old style 29 for really cheap to DMK-A1 just follow the throngs of Chinese. arr DMK sometime between 1-1.30, check in opens by 2 or maybe 3.00 am. Closest by 7-as all cheap chalee farang want to drink beer as its soooo cheap, is across rails near Wat DMK-29 stops closer by, A1 runs direct into airport arrivals raod.

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

God man.

Shoot me your address in a pm and I'll send you 3 bucks for the tolls.

Unbelievable....

Im the first one to jump on mass transit to beat traffic, but a journey to the airport in the wee hours? Ill pay the tolls, what a nice ride.

12 hours ago, yogavnture said:

if u go in wee hours u dont need to take the toll road anyways 

Yeah but on a clear night, all the lights and such.  Hmmm Its almost time for me to do a 4am roll, got to find the right driver.

On 2/13/2019 at 12:06 PM, yogavnture said:

god i wish bts had porter service on and off the trains to airport. many more would use it if they had help on and offf the train with luggage.

Need to keep luggage off public transportation. People are rude and dangerous. Yes, they definitely need help with the large bags they obviously cannot manage. Rolling bags over others toes and general idiocy. Bogey's are packed already with commuters. Take a taxi. They should disallow roll bags on BTS MRT.

Porter service? Any other city in the world do this?

To answer the OP. Taxi to the airport, no need for toll road.

Sanam bin = airport

Archived