VOICE TV Ordered Off The Air 15 Days

webfact

VOICE TV Ordered Off The Air 15 Days

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

VoiceTV-696x522.jpg

Voice TV logo. Image: Voice TV / Wikimedia Commons

BANGKOK — A television channel previously sanctioned by authorities for its content has again been ordered off the air.

Voice TV will be taken entirely off the air Tuesday for 15 days by order of broadcasting regulators on the basis of rules put in place by the ruling junta several years ago.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2019/02/12/voice-tv-ordered-off-the-air-15-days/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-02-12

I am starting to have grave misgivings about this election. First the army vehicles on the streets yesterday, and now this. Blatant threats I would say. Now, I am no particular fan of Thaksin but the best way forward is for one of his parties to win this election and just get on with whatever it was he was doing. The army proved they couldn't organize a cockup in a brothel, so time to get off the pot and let others have a go.

Voice TV suspended for 15 days for airing ‘provocative’ content

By Sirivish Toomgum 
The Nation

0d5c59853b08c4f6673db57d9ba5cc07.jpeg

The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) issued an administrative order suspending the operation of digital TV broadcaster Voice TV for 15 days for allegedly airing provocative content.

NBTC commissioner Lt-General Perapong Manakit said Monday that the order would take effect from midnight today.

The order was sent to Voice TV earlier in the day.

Though declining to specify details of the “provocative” content, he just said that the content in question was aired on the Tonight Thailand programme on December 16, as well as on Wakeup News on January 21, 28, 29 and on February 4.

Perapong also insisted that the NBTC had not been ordered by anybody to issue the order against Voice TV and that the regulator treated all broadcasters fairly.

He added that the suspension was ordered on the basis of certain articles of the Broadcasting Act of 2551, including Article 37. Article 37 bans the airing of content deemed to affect national security or peace and the morale of the people.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30364004

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-12

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Voice TV suspended for 15 days

But aren’t the elections supposed to be held in 41 days? 

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Perapong also insisted that the NBTC had not been ordered by anybody to issue the order against Voice TV

That’s an impressive algorithm they’ve got there. 

looks like it has simply only been blocked from LOS based viewers' eyes?

The latest 15 episodes are all there in their entirety... at to us over here in OZ!

the working Archive Links: https://voicetv.co.th/watch

the most recently recorded one: https://voicetv.co.th/watch/gZ4N8ngwL

the working Live link: https://voicetv.co.th/live

and that Cartoons general link, to keep you occupied for a little while... ???? https://voicetv.co.th/watch/jqeGiIPIN

6 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I am starting to have grave misgivings about this election. First the army vehicles on the streets yesterday, and now this. Blatant threats I would say. Now, I am no particular fan of Thaksin but the best way forward is for one of his parties to win this election and just get on with whatever it was he was doing. The army proved they couldn't organize a cockup in a brothel, so time to get off the pot and let others have a go.

No  change in leadership  uniform,  same  same , Sure.

Thaksin bought a premier league football team , out of his loose change .

Expats  love him too bits .

If you understand enough Thai spend an occasional 30 minutes or whatever and listen to some of their presenters.

You'll then understand why they get suspensions. 

You are STARTING to have misgivings? This was on the cards from day one after the coup, from the people who brought you 'Returning happiness to the People" at gunpoint. From the people who forced through a constitution they ignore. From the people who ban political gatherings of five people or more and arrest lone protesters on the said charge. From the people who arrested a young man for "eating a sandwich with political intent".

From the same people who 'believe' that one of their own 'borrowed' a collection of luxury timepieces from a friend who was conveniently dead when the matter was 'investigated' by the said Minister's colleagues. The same Minister, who on behalf of his coup government, would have us believe that the highest profile woman in Southeast Asia, under 24 hour guard before her trial, simply vanished like a puff of smoke into the night.

And I am just getting started. But yes, I think your misgivings may be correct...

16 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You haven't understood the constitution, have you?

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Article 37 bans the airing of content deemed to affect national security or peace and the morale of the people.

What evidence was there that content deemed to affect national security or peace and the morale of the people?

"deemed" implies a cause and effect.

Did the content motivate people to demonstrate, riot, etc.?

Aside from the NBTC did the content cause wholesale public confusion, anxiety, immorality, etc.; did it blasphemy Buddhism, the alleged basis for Thai morality?

In this case the effect seems only hypothetical in the mind of the NBTC and not necessarily real.

12 hours ago, elliss said:

No  change in leadership  uniform,  same  same , Sure.

Thaksin bought a premier league football team , out of his loose change .

Expats  love him too bits .

The crooked Thaksin bought a football team, then was forced to sell it as the English FA ruled him unfit to own a club and be a Chairman. 

They must have loved him to bits too then!

55 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The crooked Thaksin bought a football team, then was forced to sell it as the English FA ruled him unfit to own a club and be a Chairman. 

They must have loved him to bits too then!

He sold the club because he couldn’t bring in sufficient funds as his finance was seized by court. He still make 20 m pound selling the the sheik. 

52 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Seriously - you think many actually watch their tripe?

I watch them online every night. It's not tripe. and I've often been surprised how much time they give to other parties. Suriya, one of the main men of Palang Pracharat, was interviewed two nights in a row, and now parties are hitting the campaign trail, they cover all the main politicians.

Plus their studio discussions with the three regular pundits and moderator are fun and instructive 

Seriously - you think many actually watch their tripe?

It takes a special brand of bigotry and myopia to extract that kind of reaction.

Most people will however endorse Jonathan Head’s reaction.

“Shutting down a pro-Thaksin TV station in Thailand, right before an election, is a reminder of the unlevel playing field on which this contest is being fought. Voice TV was penalised for criticising the military government. If you can’t do that, what kind of election is it?”

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

Yes - but it seems that these days nothing, absolutely NOTHING, will provoke the Thais (unless you took Facebook and Line away from them, of course!).

Yes, FB and Insta seems to be where people escape when they need to stick their heads in the sand. In the meanwhile the country get buttraped.

21 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Now you are having grave misgivings?

I stopped believing in this government back in 2015/16 after they kept postponing the election dates and abandoned the crackdown on corruption and the reform of the RTP.

The past 3 or 4 years have been setting up a "fair and legal" election to the extent of re-writing the constitution in their favour and stacking the Senate with their hand picked cronies.

The PTP cannot win the election this time around unless they can form a coalition with all the other parties. The Democrats under Abhisit will stick with whoever wins the most seats as will the BJT out of Buriram just to get their snouts in the trough.

Happiness and reconciliation for the Thai people brought to you by the government that stole the country. Never in your wildest dreams.

Archived