BANGKOK 21 February 2019 21:40
webfact

Thai Gov't Hits Brakes On Inter-Airport Rail Line Over CP Demands

18 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Typical - take the concession away from CP and award it to the next in line - simple !

CP Company the No: 1 Monopol company in Thailand !!!

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The official who helped oversee the project,

from his new luxury home in Dubai, said, 'I've had my commission, it's nothing to do with me now.'

Maybe CP then will use the extended license to generate some money to stop the haze in and around Chiang Mai. Nobody in the real world would believe, that the chicken kings are into railways ......... that's a new one - and nobody actually knew about it (like most other sleazy deals in the land). 

19 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Typical - take the concession away from CP and award it to the next in line - simple !

Well, that's what that article says:

If CP presses the new conditions and negotiations fail, the company that manages the capital’s BTS Skytrain would be brought on board, Kanit said. The Bangkok Mass Transit System Co. Ltd. was the second most affordable bid after that of CP.

17 hours ago, humbug said:

China loves to control over inflated debts through rail and infrastructure

Well, take it this way. You have a few trillions of dollars of foreign reserves that you can't really get rid of. If you dump them, dollar loses value and you lose part or much of it. If you slowly try to get rid of it, the value starts dropping as well. So what do you do? You loan it for infrastructure projects around the World and demand a repayment in another currency or take over their resources (taking over ports and oil fields could also account for "currency") - either way that is a clever mode of preserving value of their capital with low risk. China has taken over a few shipping ports in other countries who failed to repay. I think it's actually very clever what they are doing.

Save business people are always looking for ways to increase revenues so CP is not doing anything unusual. But capitalism says that when a company prices themselves out of what the market would bear there should be enough potential profit for another provider (or several smaller ones) to step in. If none of these players exist there are ways to encourage new players to stand up enterprises that could fill the void....oh....wait....that would require political leadership. Never mind...my bad.