Wow, Check This Out

Greenside

Here's the response I got from replying to the ad.  It's from someone called Yvres Marcelo who apparently lives in Phuket rather than the advertiser, Mauro who lists Pattaya as the location.  

Hello,

I just read your mail regarding the sale of my car HONDA CR-V  2011 EL. I confirm that it is still available to 136.000THB  last price. the vehicle has no mechanical or electronic problem and all its papers are in order. It is not rugged and or stolen, the vehicle is well maintained, its interior is also clean, and it presents the features and photos below:

(Characteristic of the car)
HONDA CR-V  EL 2011
Colors: Black
mileage: 45500
Engine size: 2400 CC
Seats. 5.
Doors. 5.
Transmission auto
ABS + brake, AIRBAG, leather, new tires, 17-inch alloy + reverse sensor, radio CD + USB, electric folding door mirrors, Cruise Control Multifunction steering wheel
 1st class insurance is being paid until the 24th December 2019
 Car Tax is being paid .
 Remote controlled lock/ alarm system (2 remotes for the 2 set of keys)

The Interior is as clean as the exterior. All filters have been changed during the last drain. There are no bumps or scratches on the body. The wheel is no defects. The seats and the interior plastics are in perfect condition. The tires are recent. The discs and brake pads are new. It is a very urgent sale because I come to take service into a diplomatic mission of the United Nations at Lome in TOGO, the car is still my home at Phuket.

Before moving, I have entrusted my car to a colleague in Phuket that the proxy from the sale and you will meet him to finalize the sale. I don't sell it for money because it's worth more than that. My colleague will come to you in order to deliver the vehicle with all its papers in orders:

Blue book
Horse power
Insurance
Certificate of fitness
And a copy of my identity card.
Regarding the deed of sale I had already pre-established and signed
the seller part so you will fulfill only the buyer part with my
colleague.

If you still interested, leave me your contact information as follows.
I will convey my colleague who will contact you to finalize the sale
NAME .............................
FIRSTNAME .......................
PHONE NUMBERS...
DELIVERY ADDRESS OR APPOINTMENT..OR   .public location near you...........

Waiting for your coordinate if you are a serious buyer.

Imaginative suggestions as to exactly how this is going to turn into a 419?

7 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Here's the response I got from replying to the ad.  It's from someone called Yvres Marcelo who apparently lives in Phuket rather than the advertiser, Mauro who lists Pattaya as the location.  

Hello,

I just read your mail regarding the sale of my car HONDA CR-V  2011 EL. I confirm that it is still available to 136.000THB  last price. the vehicle has no mechanical or electronic problem and all its papers are in order. It is not rugged and or stolen, the vehicle is well maintained, its interior is also clean, and it presents the features and photos below:

(Characteristic of the car)
HONDA CR-V  EL 2011
Colors: Black
mileage: 45500
Engine size: 2400 CC
Seats. 5.
Doors. 5.
Transmission auto
ABS + brake, AIRBAG, leather, new tires, 17-inch alloy + reverse sensor, radio CD + USB, electric folding door mirrors, Cruise Control Multifunction steering wheel
 1st class insurance is being paid until the 24th December 2019
 Car Tax is being paid .
 Remote controlled lock/ alarm system (2 remotes for the 2 set of keys)

The Interior is as clean as the exterior. All filters have been changed during the last drain. There are no bumps or scratches on the body. The wheel is no defects. The seats and the interior plastics are in perfect condition. The tires are recent. The discs and brake pads are new. It is a very urgent sale because I come to take service into a diplomatic mission of the United Nations at Lome in TOGO, the car is still my home at Phuket.

Before moving, I have entrusted my car to a colleague in Phuket that the proxy from the sale and you will meet him to finalize the sale. I don't sell it for money because it's worth more than that. My colleague will come to you in order to deliver the vehicle with all its papers in orders:

Blue book
Horse power
Insurance
Certificate of fitness
And a copy of my identity card.
Regarding the deed of sale I had already pre-established and signed
the seller part so you will fulfill only the buyer part with my
colleague.

If you still interested, leave me your contact information as follows.
I will convey my colleague who will contact you to finalize the sale
NAME .............................
FIRSTNAME .......................
PHONE NUMBERS...
DELIVERY ADDRESS OR APPOINTMENT..OR   .public location near you...........

Waiting for your coordinate if you are a serious buyer.

Imaginative suggestions as to exactly how this is going to turn into a 419?

Sounds like Nigeria is his destination, not Togo.

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I think the car was damaged and fixed thai style....

Hope you're not serious.  It's a classic 419 scam that I just found out has been used on ThaiVisa several times over the past couple of years - here's the oldest thread I found.

The mystery is why the Classified ad department don't scan the ads for extracts from the response letter and take them down.  Did anyone actually get caught by this and part with any money, I wonder?

17 hours ago, steve187 said:

if something is too good to be true then it probably isn't

"...it probably isn't" 

What?  If something isn't too good to be true, then it's probably true.

In this case the real adage "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" is correct, this is a common scam.

Archived