PM shrugs off calls to join TV debate

snoop1130

28 minutes ago, indepth said:

if he is so dumb,how did he get to be the prime minister of a country of over 60 million people?

By staging a military coup and jailing his critics? It doesn't exactly equate to splitting the atom in a country notorious for coups and attempted coups every few years.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, indepth said:

how did he get to be the prime minister of a country of over 60 million people?

It's no secret: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

Prayut staged a military coup against the [elected] government and then assumed control of the country as NCPO leader.[10]

In August 2014, a military-dominated national legislature, whose members were handpicked by Prayut, non-democratically appointed him Prime Minister. (my italic emphasis)

12 hours ago, indepth said:

if he is so dumb,how did he get to be the prime minister of a country of over 60 million people? What have u achieved?

Whatever my achievements might be, they were obtained without the threat of violence, bullying, corruption, nor a complete disregard for the rule of law (and the rewriting of it to serve my own needs). His title is self appointed, and not a result of the will of the people. One reason why we are seeing increasingly desperate attempts at manipulating the upcoming election is so that the Junta can get what they so desperately want, a sense of legitimacy.

Archived