Advice from Phuket Professionals

CNX GUY

57 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Think this thread has just about run it's course, eh?

Yes, putting aside the bickering about routes out of Kamala, I had doubts about the authenticity of the query from the start.

My earlier suggestion was a little tongue in cheek.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Believe it or not, you can go north AND south using either route, if you so choose.

Think this thread has just about run it's course, eh?

No, I would be interested to hear from some more people who think everywhere else in Phuket that is not Rawai/Chalong, is either a tourist trap, or too far away from Chalong....

18 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

wow;  total B.S from start to finish
Kamala has a BIg C, tesco,many thai local restaurants an plenty of food courts.

add in Kamala has been a community  LONG before the roads were built an still 75% of those living here were born here,

Compare that to Patong, Karon, Kata, where all the thai's are from Essan

surin to go NORTH>>> ( and soon the road will be 4 lanes)

I travel over the hill thru Northern Patong to head to central,maybe once a week.

rest of the time,everything i need is here in Kamala.

To each their own:-)

Maybe we should build a wall! ????

On the serious side I think the time has passed to build a route over the hill to Kathu, which would have alleviated a lot of traffic problems. The widening of the racetrack towards Surin is just going to increase business for the ambos. Don't forget we will have the added delay soon of when the mandarin oriental starts construction at Laem Singh.

It was possible up until recently to have made a way to Kathu (and the basic tracks are up there) but with the construction project ongoing we wold be hard pressed to find an access point in Kamala now.

Going north through Surin to head south sees an increasingly slow bottleneck at the Cherng Talay Police Station depending on the time of day. There seems to be no solution to the tripod single road system from Tescos Bang Tao to Boat Avenue or straight towards the temple.  South-wise, anywhere south of Patong is subject to the vagaries of Patong traffic.

I normally use the southern loop when going into Kathu/Phuket town and back to Heroines on the northern loop. I find this keeps my momentum up in traffic.

The OP wants to find a "Chiang Mai" in Phuket.

It aint gonna happen! Especially the good thai/farang relationship vibe.

After living in Chiang Mai and Issan I moved to Phuket.

I tried living in an apartment complex behind Big C which ticked most of the boxes, eg no need for private transport, able to walk most places for good food and public transport to the beaches Phuket Town etc

But there was no local thai interaction and no expat community.

Over the next six months, I investigated all suitable areas all over the island including Boat Lagoon, Kamala, Patong, Kata, Kathu and Phuket Town even Cape Panwa and eventually settled for the inevitable.

I rented a house in Rawai and bought a car. ????

Hi Thaivisa crowd, I'm moving to Phuket from Germany. I don't usually join forums but joined this one purely on the basis of the amount of grumpy disfunctional old men bitching on this thread.

I'm looking forward to someone telling me how wrong I am about everything.

xx

Some inflammatory bickering posts and the replies have been removed. 

Hopefully there is some valid advice for the OP when he reviews this thread.  

As noted by another member, it appears this topic has ran it's course and is now closed. 

Archived