Decent Sushi Bar in Pattaya

moogradod

Does anybody ever came across a decent Sushi Bar here ?

With decent I mean: The fish is top fresh, there is a good selection (maybe they even offer Chu- / O-Toro), where the fish is well cut, the rice is made with a special (even own secret) vinegar mixture, you do not have to tell them where the wasabi must go (between the topping and the rice), where the nigiri is made firm but with the rice grains still well defined and the setting is moderate but still elegant in its simplicity. And - I nearly do not dare to aks - where the Itamae-san is Japanese or has learned his art in Japan ?

Even something near to that somewhere in Pattaya ? I did not have the pleasure to see such a place. A Sushi Buffet does not qualify, neither does a place with inferior service. I know I am asking for quite a bit here, but this is the intention.

9 hours ago, McGregor21 said:

Have you tried Ronin in Naklua? I went last week , nice setting, great service, Sushi was better than any buffet id been to here, Price was maybe a bit on the high side for the quality.

Thanks. Just had a look at it in Tripadvisor. Looks promising and we will definitely have a closer look.

12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I would bet that there's some decent sushi to be had 20 minutes north on Highway 3 in Sri Racha.

Aha ! Thats where they hide then. Will try to figure out where exectly to go in this place. Maybe it is worth driving that far.

4 hours ago, bbko said:

I've had sushi in many places in Pattaya and always find Fuji has the freshest, best tasting selection.

Japanese people tend to make an art out of everything: tea preparation, arranging flowers, fireing a bow and even folding paper ????

Sushi making is a bit similar.

But Fuji resembles more a factory than a soulful place. You could put a teabag in a cup with hot water. This would result in tea, but it does not mean that it may then considered to be an art and enjoyed as such on a full scale.

I find all the Sushi in Thailand to be inferior, except in the poshest Japanese biznizzman venues like Sushi Masato, etc.

That being said, when its cheap its cheap, when its flown in from Tokyo its expensive.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:39 PM, McGregor21 said:

Have you tried Ronin in Naklua? I went last week , nice setting, great service, Sushi was better than any buffet id been to here, Price was maybe a bit on the high side for the quality.

We have been there yesterday. The food is really very good. It was a bit overcrowded and the service suffered a bit from this. But the sushi fish is very fresh and of top quality. The selection is as well very satisfying although I do not understand that they have ama ebi on the menu but not the cooked variety. I did not find any wasabi between toppings (which are very well cut) and rice. Seems to be the new trend although I still feel that this is not the classic preparation.

The prices are (especially for more exclusive items like Chu- / O-toro) really a bit on the high side to put it mildly. The setting is quite nice. Its the visitors themselves that might spoil the atmosphere a bit. Imagine a Michelin Star restaurant witk kids running between the tables or guests visiting with shorts and sandals or shouting loud. Well there were no kids running around there yesterday but just as an example what could be done (if it could) to improve it even further. The potential for a great Japanese fine dining venue is lurking here.

We will return anyway. This is the best Japanese Restaurant we have ever visited in Pattaya based on the superb kitchen.

On 2/13/2019 at 3:31 PM, moogradod said:

Japanese people tend to make an art out of everything: tea preparation, arranging flowers, fireing a bow and even folding paper ????

Bankok has some great all you can eat places for around 1000 b.

I thought Ronin in Nakula was ok.

Is part of their art the screeching loud mouth females whilst "making love"?

Archived