To find a Dashcam seems to be more difficult than expected

moogradod

On 2/14/2019 at 1:20 PM, HAKAPALITA said:

Only Cheap Charlie and Posers have tints.Clear Film and Ray Bans the only safe way.

:cheesy::cheesy: , but so true !

Maybe because I don't have a film in front ( I want to see the rd and other vehicles where driving at night ) and nearly nothing in the rear and on the two sides ; less than 40% for sure !

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

The Viofo A129 Duo would be my choice for my next upgrade, having currently fitted their A119 and A119s in my front & rear windows supported by Dashcamviewer for viewing/editing the clips.

After days of back and forth and again and again on YouTube and any ressources available this will be exactly my choice. This is after a shootout regardless of any price.

I will order a Viofo A129 Duo with Lazada including the GPS module and polarizing filter lens. Unfortunately there seems to be no filter for the back heading camera - where it would be needed because of the headlights of cars in the night.

The Duo is a just a little bit ugly if the cable to the rear camera is installed (comes out of the front cameras side). But there seems to be not one single two channel dash cam availabe that satisfies all requirements to 100% - regardless of much you would be willing to pay.

On 2/14/2019 at 1:20 PM, HAKAPALITA said:

Only Cheap Charlie and Posers have tints.Clear Film and Ray Bans the only safe way.

Then an estimated 90%+ of all drivers in LOS are Cheap Charlies or Posers. Rare to see a car without. There must be a reason for having it. Not only that the sun may blind you but it becomes hotter inside as well. These "40%" are obviously not the measure of the reduction of the visibility. And it looks nice, too if you stay at 40%. OK, I see - maybe I am a Poser, too ?

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Then an estimated 90%+ of all drivers in LOS are Cheap Charlies or Posers. Rare to see a car without. There must be a reason for having it. Not only that the sun may blind you but it becomes hotter inside as well. These "40%" are obviously not the measure of the reduction of the visibility. And it looks nice, too if you stay at 40%. OK, I see - maybe I am a Poser, too ?

No just dim, 3M  clear film i like it, stops heat, not vision, Sun Glasses in the Sun, not needed at night, feel such a chump without a white stick. . Taxis in Bkk dont like black gunge either, in fact perhaps its banned .:post-4641-1156693976:

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

No just dim, 3M  clear film i like it, stops heat, not vision, Sun Glasses in the Sun, not needed at night, feel such a chump without a white stick. . Taxis in Bkk dont like black gunge either, in fact perhaps its banned .:post-4641-1156693976:

Is this 3M Cristalline ? This one comes in varous shades as well. Of course I am interested in the best solution. My ordinary glasses will turn darker automatically if exposed to ultraviolet light. But my wife does not have it. She must rely on ordinary sun glasses.

Do you know the exact description of the film you are using ?

Im vague on that, they know i say no tint, even so all OE Glass is tinted up to 12%, and are very happy to tell me. Crystalline on one car Hi Cool on Wife n Sons. Son has 200 Bht Lazada Cam in his back window, its better than my expensive one, naturally constantly reminded.!!, he bought it out of curiosity. 

• 5 months later...

Archived