A nasty experience

Lacessit

About a week ago, I was playing golf at a club in Chiang Mai. My drive on the second hole hit a caddie in the forehead. Still conscious, she was taken to a local hospital for X'Rays, and discharged. Bill was 2230 baht. Fortunately she had caddy insurance, so I was not liable. Not all caddies have it. On the day, I gave the caddiemaster 1000 baht to compensate her for possible lost earnings.

Two days later, she was back at work with two black eyes that made her look like a raccoon. She thanked me profusely for the 1000 baht.

I've since taken out golf insurance. I would urge everyone who plays golf in Thailand to do the same. Not expensive, about 1000 baht.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Maybe this post would be better titled “FORE !!”

The Thai expression is "Bow". The caddies are supposed to shelter behind trees as we hit off, and she didn't. Doesn't matter, I am still liable.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The Thai expression is "Bow". The caddies are supposed to shelter behind trees as we hit off, and she didn't. Doesn't matter, I am still liable.

Sounds like you play off the same handicap as I do lol. Just joking. No one allowed on a golf course would be playing as badly as I am. 

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

In her fifties. I felt really bad about it.

Did you get a selfie, with Ms. Raccoon eyes behind you?  That would have easily been worth an extra 1000 baht for the pub crawl party favours (picture).  ????

9 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Did you get a selfie, with Ms. Raccoon eyes behind you?  That would have easily been worth an extra 1000 baht for the pub crawl party favours (picture).  ????

My visage is such it tends to ruin cameras.

9 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Maybe they should license old golfers to see who cant see well enough to play

I might have known I could not dodge your presence. Get thee gone, back to gorging Pringles.

10 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

think i'd rather pay the extra couple of thousand baht than take out insurance

is hitting caddiemasters a common occurance like vehicle accidents?

It would not have been a couple of thousand baht if I had killed her, which was only a matter of an inch or so. I could have been liable for supporting her dependants.

A golf ball is a very small object travelling at speeds between 80 and 120 mph on a full drive. Potentially lethal. I had a friend who was hit on the top of his head by a golf ball. Took him 18 months to walk properly again, and recover control of his bowel and urinary functions.

*Inflammatory remark edited out*

7 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Anyone has recommendations for an averagely priced golf course, north of CM city centre, preferably with young girls as caddies as opposed to 50yr old raccoons? Planning to pick up the game again after moving from Bkk recently. 

They are not all in their fifties. My regular caddie has a very cute butt. Purely accidental I hire her, of course.

Lanna Golf Club is the only one I can think of that's north.

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

OP, can you kindly provide the link for the golf insurance purchase? Thanks in advance 

I'll have to PM you with that. Be aware the process of photographing ALL your clubs is quite time-consuming. The insurance is good for any course in Thailand you play at, and also covers club/bag theft.

Archived