A nasty experience

Lacessit

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

There is no need for specific golf insurance if one is already insured for ones residence. A homeowner, or condominium owner or tenant insurance policy should have an insuring section called Public Liability or Personal Liability insurance. It responds when one is legally liable for property damage or bodily injury to third parties.

For example, a basic residential policy will provide a section for Public Liability Insurance, total limit of 300,000 to 2 million baht in  the policy term for  third party property damage and/or medical expense and death and will often have a section for voluntary medical expense payments up to 25,000  at an annual cost of anywhere from 200 baht to 1000 baht depending upon the limit.

It is an unreasonable expectation for a golf course to place insurance for the conduct of if golfers. Not only unreasonable but not prudent as it creates a significant moral hazard for  golfers to try and commit fraud. Does one expect an apartment  building owner to place insurance for the benefit of tenants?  A restaurant to place insurance on behalf of its diners?  Golfers like tenants and restaurant customers are all responsible for their own  conduct.  The golf course cannot control the golf swing of a golfer, nor can it give a golfer common sense. The golf course can only insure for the risks of its own operations, not the activities of third parties. If the caddie was responsible for an injury then the golf course could be pursued. Good luck on a farang suing for that in Thailand.

Check your personal insurance and you may be  delighted to discover that you are already insured.

I don't know if I have condo insurance as a tenant. I doubt it would extend to golf courses if I did. Be that as it may, apparently I can't get any insurance as I am over 75.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Can you hit a curveball then?

High, low, fade or draw. Although I expect you are using a baseball term. You know, that game played by Americans with funny uniforms and very long socks.

19 hours ago, The Cobra said:

I thought the balls usually ended up on the chin with Thai females ????????.....sorry I'll get my coat

With that sort of attitude I bet your balls don't get near many female chins without paying for it...

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

High, low, fade or draw. Although I expect you are using a baseball term. You know, that game played by Americans with funny uniforms and very long socks.

Quite, wot wot as you golfers say. Good ball Lord Frothingslosh! Quite, wot wot.

Somehow a baseball uniform pales in comparison to wearing a Tam and pink outfit

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Quite, wot wot as you golfers say. Good ball Lord Frothingslosh! Quite, wot wot.

Somehow a baseball uniform pales in comparison to wearing a Tam and pink outfit

When he was at his peak, Tiger Woods apparently remarked he was the only guy on a golf course being chased by 100 white guys dressed like black pimps.

If I am going to be standing shoulder to shoulder, be in close proximity to a member of the opposite sex, foraging about in the bushes and strolling down tree lined boulevards for anything from 4-6 hours, I would be more than happy to forego a few stokes due  to misread lines if my companion were a young nubile nymph. It would also be a lot easier to smile and say mai bpen rain when you plonk your sweetly struck 7 iron into the lake in front of the green without realizing that she actually handed you an 8 iron instead. 

I was told also that in some clubs, the caddy might occasionally accompany you to the 19th hole though I have no personal experience of this. 

Quite agree, if at any time one of my balls needed a bit of a rub, I would prefer a tasty looking young lady, rather than a 5 feet tall raccoon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Probably prefers you to have that honour .
emoji23.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Now, see.  You are trying to insult me and all I was doing was teaching a rude person a lesson about life.  The cobra attempted to besmirch Thai womanhood and he got his comeuppance as most rude fellows do.  By attempting to insult me you have thrown in with that nasty other nasty fellow and I assume have the same low inaccurate opinion of Thai women.

A nasty experience??

Yeah, you created it and got off so easy..

OP.  Why don't you work on your game and stop hitting such crappy shots.

For now, please post when you are playing again and where, I will avoid.

Thanks.

PS:  1000 b is pretty Cheap Charlie for causing harm to someone....

A nasty experience??
Thanks.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall that even top pros such as Player, Price, Monty and even Tiger has at some point in their playing careers either duffed a shot or hit some spectators with a wayward shot.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I've been playing golf for more than 60 years. Formerly at championship level. IMHO  I don't really need them.  Happy to give you a golf lesson if you want.

60 years and you didn't perhaps consider the Caddie was in your shot line and tell her to move?

I'm a crap golfer, and I'm nervous when they are standing 90 degrees to me...thats how bad I am.

34 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

A nasty experience??

Thanks.

You have nothing to worry about. With your attitude, I wouldn't even want to be on the same golf course as you. Try trolling somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

You have nothing to worry about. With your attitude, I wouldn't even want to be on the same golf course as you. Try trolling somewhere else.

Why don't you?

The truth bother you?

Your response seems to make a joke out of this.

You think it is funny? You probably did not even tell fore and seriously injured a female caddie probably just trying to provide for her family.

I think your comments and 1000b are plain irresponsible and pathetic...

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Why don't you?

The truth bother you?

Your response seems to make a joke out of this.

You think it is funny? You probably did not even tell fore and seriously injured a female caddie probably just trying to provide for her family.

I think your comments and 1000b are plain irresponsible and pathetic...

You come onto this thread and insult me. Then expect me to disclose personal information about where I play.  Unbelievable. I won't ask you to read my posts on this thread again, as you have clearly made up your mind whatever I did or did not do was wrong.

You are the type of TV poster who goes out of their way to be unpleasant. My best guess is you don't play golf, or if you do you fall into the classification of wood duck.

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If "golf" had been included in the title I could have avoided spending 5 minutes of my time on a thread on a subject I have no interest in.

:sorry:

I agree. "Nasty" Ehhh Probably could have used a better adjective at least IMO. 

Glad it was sorted though!

5 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

I agree. "Nasty" Ehhh Probably could have used a better adjective at least IMO. 

Glad it was sorted though!

"nasty" could be quite fitting had the caddie wrote the thread.

" hit in the noggin with golf ball, had go to hospital, got 2 black eyes, farangs calling me racoon on the internet ....and all i got

was 30 bucks"

Archived