Jump to content
BANGKOK 23 March 2019 09:43

Recommended Posts

You're joking right? This is a Thai staple, my missus marinates it in soy, oyster sauce, garlic, sugar and sesame seeds. Sun-dries it and then deep fries.

 

Food miles spring to mind. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

No, not joking. But thanks for the comment.

I assume that you aren't from southern Africa.

Biltong is not deep fried.

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biltong#Preparation

 

What your good lady prepares is this.

https://siamsizzles.com/deep-fried-thai-beef-strips-recipe/

:thumbsup:

 

Thanks for putting me right. Have you tried making your own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grollies said:

Thanks for putting me right. Have you tried making your own?

Not yet, but now that I have tried the biltong from CM, I may just give it a try. As for the Isaan deep fried beef, I've had that and it too is delicious.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Not yet, but now that I have tried the biltong from CM, I may just give it a try. As for the Isaan deep fried beef, I've had that and it too is delicious.

 

I have a friend who was born and raised in Kenya. He often makes his own biltong here.I am sure you have the recipe, but I would be happy to ask him for you if you wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AhFarangJa said:

I have a friend who was born and raised in Kenya. He often makes his own biltong here.I am sure you have the recipe, but I would be happy to ask him for you if you wish.

I appreciate that mate. PM me if you can get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

I appreciate that mate. PM me if you can get it.

Will do.......:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bugger, looked so good I put in an order, beef biltong, spicy pork sticks and droewars

 

 

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...