A Journalistic Call For Help: The 2016 "Body in Freezer" Case

enigma4k

Hello there!

My name is Alex Huls, and I’m a Canadian-based journalist working on a story about a gentleman named Charles Ditlefsen whose body was discovered dismembered in a freezer back in Bangkok in 2016. (There were a fair amount of posts about the case here on the forums, such as this one: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/947857-body-in-freezer-latest-dead-man-not-ceo-of-la-company-at-all/)

Here’s why I’m posting: I’m trying to find out as much about Ditlefsen as possible – especially about his time in Thailand before he passed away. I know it’s been some time now since Ditlefsen was likely alive in Bangkok (around 2008 or so), but I was wondering if anyone here crossed paths with him? Or knows someone who did? And if so, would you/they be willing to talk to me? Every little bit helps, so even if the information to be shared isn’t much, it would help me greatly.

Alternatively, a key player in all of this is also a gentleman named Herbert La Fon who was the owner of the freezer that Ditlefsen was found in. If anyone would be willing to talk about him, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Please feel free to reach out to me at <<<<Email removed as per forum rules>>>> to chat or allow me to address any questions or concerns you might have. Happy to also elaborate further on the angle of my article, or anything else you might be curious about.

Thanks so much for your time everyone!

Alex

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Why not share your angle on the story?

The guy was a publishing person.

He went bankrupt. 

He was dead 8 years they reckon

Soi 56 is a very quiet Soi.

You think he tried to disappear himself?

The short version is that my angle continues to align with what drew me to the story in the first place. To be more specific, these questions: 1) Who was Charles ("Chuck") Ditlefsen? 2) How did a lifelong California resident end up dead in a freezer in Thailand? 3) Was there nobody who missed him during those 8 years his body was hidden away? 

As for your question of whether he tried to disappear himself? Based on the reporting I've done so far, he did up and leave California in order to retreat to Thailand. Primarily to escape significant debts and give himself a fresh start. Some did know he was there, but I do think a big motivation was to vanish in a low-key way. 

But as much as I know *why* he went to Thailand, a lot still remains unclear about what he was doing when he was there, and how he ended up in the orbit of Herbert La Fon/Peter Andrew Colter. That's what I'm hoping to find out more about by posting on here! 

Hopefully that helps explain things a bit further!

A moderator has removed contact information, which is not permitted on the open forum.   If you wish to exchange information, please use the PM function.  

The topic borders on violating our rules on privacy, so please tread lightly.   Here is the rule:

20) You will not post any member's personal information including emails, personal messages, photos or web site details. Contact information is permitted in the Job's section, but for the privacy and security of our members, we strongly urge the use of the PM function rather the posting of personal contact information.

Should the line be crossed, we will lock the thread.  

Thanks for your understanding.  

9 hours ago, Gandtee said:

He came to Thailand to chill out. Sorry about the levity. RIP

That is the reason most of us come to Thailand, to uncomplicate our lives, escape previous dull lives/demanding families whatever,  I haven't read anything about  1)how he died  or  2)why he died, and haven't a clue why he was kept in a freezer for so long..............RIP     Maybe there is a book coming out??

Archived