Air Asia booking system down for 24 hours this weekend

webfact

Air Asia booking system down for 24 hours this weekend

By The Thaiger

air-asia-booking-system-upgrade.jpg

Air Asia will be upgrading it Navitaire New Skies reservation system over the weekend causing a 24 hour blackout for all booking systems across all channels.

Flight booking for Air Asia will be unavailable on Saturday, February 16 from 2pm (GMT +8) until Sunday, February 17  at 3pm. This will include AirAsia.com, AirAsia sales counter, AirAsia mobile app, all offices and call centres.

Self-check-in services will still be available to all passengers via the web, mobile app and airport kiosks as well as being able to manage their booking until the systems upgrade is complete.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/travel/air-asia-booking-system-down-for-24-hours-this-weekend

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-02-13

The website has been crap from Day One. Whatever the IT boys are doing, it will be an improvement. 
For those flying, ensure you've checked in before Saturday noon as afterwards the whole thing might result in a fantastic melt-down. Just thinking out loud ........ 

Hopefully their website will make it easier to book a ticket without having to be aware of their tricks to get you to spend more than you thought. Air Asia are the masters at that and nothing has ever been done about it. Unless I have no other choice I avoid these Bozos at all cost, I gladly spend a bit more to unsure that I pay the actual ticket price.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, lipflipper said:

Hopefully their website will make it easier to book a ticket without having to be aware of their tricks to get you to spend more than you thought. Air Asia are the masters at that and nothing has ever been done about it. Unless I have no other choice I avoid these Bozos at all cost, I gladly spend a bit more to unsure that I pay the actual ticket price.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What are you dreaming about?

It's their primary goal to show zero service prices on search to lure you to the site.

Be prepared that they might even "improve" that.

It's the nature of "low cost carriers".

And even reputed airlines start fiddling with such downgrades to look better.

No meal, no or less baggage, no seat reservation incl.

When I see a AA starting price I add 50% to have a rough idea of the real price for me.

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's their primary goal to show zero service prices on search to lure you to the site.

When I see a AA starting price I add 50% to have a rough idea of the real price for me.

Google  Fascinating Aida cheap flights.

????

40 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes, I think most low-cost airlines are the same everywhere. Damned annoying till you get used to it but.

The developers of the AirAsia website and booking system were hired to develop a website for my company here in Malaysia. Virtually pure PHP, so fast and scale-able; code was hosted at GitHub. But it was a monster to maintain/update. I don't know if the current AirAsia site is built in the same manner but if it was I understand the difficulties the site has. In particular the site really struggles with calls to multiple databases, leading to so many issues popping up when trying to book a flight. I switched to a CMS framework and am far happier. I'll be interested in seeing what underlies their new site.

Archived