Krabi shop owner: Watch out for thieving foreign tourists

webfact

Krabi shop owner: Watch out for thieving foreign tourists

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

An exasperated  Krabi shop owner has issued a warning to retailers after two foreigners entered her Ao Nang shop and stole a bikini. 

It was the fourth time that Netdao, 34, had had clothes pinched from the shelves. 

She did not report the theft to police but CCTV footage circulating on social media was clear, said Sanook. 

It showed two women browsing for underwear before one slips the 500 baht bikini into a shoulder bag and the pair exit the shop. 

Netdao installed the cameras after three previous thefts and warned other shop keepers to keep a close watch for thieving foreigners. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-13

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

That means the shop owner lost 50 baht?

But by posting on social media got more coverage than if they had reported to the police.

If the thief had been Thai would the footage have been posted on social media?

I was recently in Sainsburys in the UK and I saw two Eastern Europeans guys stealing beer by putting them in the coat pocket. I told the staff what was happening and watched as they went to the checkouts and watched them. I was surprised then to see them let them just walk out uninhindered. I asked why ? The staff said they could not stop them as there was no manager around and they were only women and it was the stores policy that women cannot stop men. 

Now, whilst I disagree with gun ownership, having some old Thai granny run out with a gun and stop them to me seems fair.

Undoubtably some visitors to the Kingdom will steal. Undoubtably the Thais increase price for the visitors every chance they get for goods and services. The RTP will not arrest the Thai thieves but the visitors are playing a dangerous game.

...not condoning theft in the least....

...shameful and disgusting....and it gives all honest foreigners a harder time here....

...but....

....as I have been told....some foreigners get tired of being fleeced at every turn....

....double-pricing....and overpricing....is not honorable either...

12 hours ago, happy chappie said:

I would say 0.1% of foreigners would steal while in Thailand but 99.9% of Thais would steal,lie,cheat,scam,rob anyone while on holiday.its seems to be in their blood and a natural thing to do and a way of life.

Maybe to an extent that's what it appears like in pattaya but Thais like all nations have many decent people. 

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I was recently in Sainsburys in the UK and I saw two Eastern Europeans guys stealing beer by putting them in the coat pocket. I told the staff what was happening and watched as they went to the checkouts and watched them. I was surprised then to see them let them just walk out uninhindered. I asked why ? The staff said they could not stop them as there was no manager around and they were only women and it was the stores policy that women cannot stop men. 

Now, whilst I disagree with gun ownership, having some old Thai granny run out with a gun and stop them to me seems fair.

Very strange as every store has security staff and control room with very good quality CCTV system in place .Alarms wi go off once unpaid item goes through the doors.Each store has a manager,Assistant and a Supervisor. The same all stores in a district/region come under regional supervision and Management. Security is still in place after closing hours.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:43 AM, happy chappie said:

I would say 0.1% of foreigners would steal while in Thailand but 99.9% of Thais would steal,lie,cheat,scam,rob anyone while on holiday.its seems to be in their blood and a natural thing to do and a way of life.

I don't agree, many white women believe they can do anything and their pussy pass will let them get away with it.

I like Thailand because it's generally free of the petty crime the plagues the western world.

On 2/13/2019 at 3:20 PM, RichardColeman said:

Had to get the Easter Europeans in, why not just say two guys as their nationality isnt relevant to the point you are making..You are just as bad as the xenophobic Thai media always stating Foreigner.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:22 PM, Sealbash said:

I would say you might be incorrect

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I would say he might be correct.

Stealing from farangs is quite acceptable, but then even between themselves as it appears.

Anyone knows a Thai who borrowed moned and paid it back? Must be an exception that confirms the rule...

Archived